R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedContin-us 1000 wifi upgrade - Event Date: 18 May 2020 - 30 Jun 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Contin-us 1000 wifi upgrade
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 2:37pm
Buying a 2020 R Pod 192 that has a Continu-us 1000 tv/fm antenna installed. Any advantages to upgrading to get enhanced wifi? Would this improve cell service in the boonies?
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 5:26am
Don't know what the upgrade is, but... A Wifi booster? Most are Cell boosters and have come a long ways since mine.

Mine is specific to bands and had to be certain it matched my cell service. Mine also will do Wifi, but different band than cell. So I ask... Is what there are offering good for both?

No matter if it does one or both and matches the bands you require, if you have no signal where you camp, then there is nothing to boost. 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 5:40am
I don't see anything on the continu-us that indicates a wifi booster so not sure what you're referring to. But a wifi booster won't help with cellular coverage, it would only help if you were in a private campground that offered wifi data service but it was weak at your campsite. 

If you want a cellular signal booster look at the weBoost product line. I have a weBoost slim and the Wilson directional antenna which I mount on an extension pole to the flange of the trailer slide while camped. It works pretty well - as long as there is a signal to boost - but  not if you are down in a hole somewhere with no signal as olddawsrule says. If you want high bandwidth data service in the true boonies then the only real option is satellite, and mobile satellite data service is very expensive.  
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply