Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Rpod Owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rpod Owner
    Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:41am
Good Memorial Day morning everyone. Walter and Laurie here. We just puchased a 2020 Rpod 196. We have always been in larger rigs and as we have gotten older we have found we take shorter trips for shorter times. We just sold our 32 foot Forest River Hemisphere in July and have been looking into purchasing a "couples camper" since then. We were lucky enough to find a 2020 Rpod 196 that had been traded in on a class C motorhome. I was able to speak with the previous owner before the purchase and he stated he only used it 2 times. I verified the rig was only 6 months old by paperwork left in rig. Guys, this rig is just like brand new and we were able to save thousands. We downsized because we had always had larger travel trailers and always found stopping at restaurants, gas stations and turning around for missed turns difficult. The previous owner had purchased an extended warranty for approximately $2,000 and this was transferred to me at no cost. I would like to invite everyone to visit the paradise we have been privilaged to live in for the last 22 years. Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, Alabama area. It is a super family friendly area. Happy trails to everyone!
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:58am
Welcome to the R-pod forum.  Lots of great mods and advice here.  Gulf Shores has been on our bucket list for sometime.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:31am
Congratulations Walter and Laurie.  You will now be put to the test when it comes to downsizing that much, however it will be worth it in the end.  We even had that issue on a much smaller basis when we went from a 6 person Jayco pop-up (extended to 22') to a 177 back in 2011.  Even though the 177 measures at 18 ft, practically it is 15' as 3' of the a-frame in front counts for the total.  Hopefully you will enjoy smaller, simpler, and easier when it comes to enjoying your 196. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:29pm
Sometimes, less is more.

I have had one larger motorhome, and 3 or 4 smaller camper trailers, and they all have their pros and cons, but the smaller trailers don't 'dominate' the tow vehicle as much and it is much easier to maneuver and get where you want to go with less drama.

Enjoy!
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:54pm
Congrats on the new Pod! I think you will find this forum excellent in terms of help when needed. All the best on your new adventures!
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply