R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed189 water pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 189 water pump
    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 7:35pm
ok this is for anybody with a r-pod 189...how in the help do I access the water pump? I can see the water line going up and into the drivers side front sub floor. I can see inside that area...no pump. Is it behind the hot water tank...buried? Inquiring minds need to know...thanks 
R-pod-2020 189
2013 Toyota Tacoma
RoverPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:27pm
This thread might help.

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12294&PID=116257

Did you lift up the plywood under the bed? And yes, the water pump is next to the water heater.
Buffalohunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:24pm
Thanks...found it where it had to be...next to the water heater. Lots of construction debris laying around in the same area. The intake filter was filled with a bunch of plastic shavings...so cleaned that out. All is fine just a preventative maintenance inspection. So now when it craps out I know I’ll have to tear apart the front of the trailer.
R-pod-2020 189
2013 Toyota Tacoma
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:43pm
You might want to consider doing what some of us have done and that is to modify the bed platform to make an access hatch. That way, you don't have to tear the whole front end apart. I think I I have a picture of what I did somewhere in my mods. Essentially, I cut the platform and put some cleat stock around the opening for the part I cut out to rest on. Then I made a lifting handle out of some cord so it will lie flat and not poke up so much that it could be felt through the mattress (The Princess and the Pea?). Anyway, it is a lot easier to get to it. I also moved the water pump so I could modify the bed to have at least part of it full-width. It also put the valves in easier reach.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:19pm
I agree with Stephen-make the bed platform easier to remove.  We cut the bed platform in our 179 roughly in half from side to side . I cut it where the cross wall  separates the exterior hatch storage area from the open area under the bed . I added a small piece of 1x1 on both side of the wall at the top. this gave the bed platform a wider area to make the joint in the 2 halves of the bed plywood base.  I used small 1 1/2" x 3" hinges to connect the two pieces of plywood. I cut a whole in the front piece that is hand sized for a place to lift.  I made a 2"x2" stick with a dowel cross piece to hold the platform in place when I need access.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 9:13am
I like the way you guys think...modification to make access easier. That really is the only way. Thanks for the suggestions. I am in the modification mode anyway...building a diverter to have the heat from the furnace travel down the hallway instead of just in the little box area. That’s why I like this forum
R-pod-2020 189
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:53pm
I decided to cut the bed plywood into 6 individual compartments with one for each...furnace, HWH and water pump, empty storage, furnace supply, plumbing and the area over the slide out stove. So no secrets left...under the bed. Alls good and I feel good that I can access more of my utilities...thanks to yous guys.
R-pod-2020 189
2013 Toyota Tacoma
 Post Reply Post Reply