R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Hello - New owner ?s - Fridge & CM Detector Beeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello - New owner ?s - Fridge & CM Detector Beeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello - New owner ?s - Fridge & CM Detector Beeps
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:49am
I am a newbie in the travel camper world. I purchased a pre-owned Rpod 179 and I love it! It tows really well and i appreciate how compact and contained it is.  It really has everything I need.  

I have had a couple of things happen, and I am researching them. The first thing is the refrigerator sometimes beeps. I had unplugged the power to the light because the previous owner said if it is humid, sometimes that will blow a fuse. But the fridge beeps for about 15-20 beeps, then stops, and does it again at regular intervals. I read all the materials, and cannot determine why.  There is no flashing light when it starts, or through the process.  

The first time it did it, I tried changing power sources, turning it off and back on, etc. and nothing worked.  Eventually it just stopped.  The second time it did it, I wiped down that "unplugged" light power cord, and that seemed to stop it for awhile, but it started again later that night.  Wiping it down didn't help. Any ideas?

Lastly, the carbon monoxide/gas detector just started beeping while I have the camper sitting in my driveway. It is not hooked up to electricity, or anything.  Gas is off and nothing else is on.  I found the source of the beep and pushed the button.  It stopped, but started again....

My friend said those detectors only last about 5-6 years, and this is a 2016, so maybe that is the problem.  I probably need to get a new one.  Can I get on Amazon, or somewhere else? 

I would appreciate any feedback I can get.  
Cat K
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:27am
This is the replacement I bought after 5 years.

There is an expiration date on it.
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:16pm
Some of these fridges made in the last few years have a 'door ajar' beeper...possibly that is being triggered by whatever the previous owner (or you) have done (or are doing) to bypass the light.

As far as the beeping device:

If it is the LP detector, down by the floor, it is powered by the 12V camper battery, and it has a life of about 5 years, this is hard coded and they must be replaced. It is hard-wired to 12v so you will need to cut the old wires and splice in the new unit.

OR:

If you have a CO detector beeping (probably mounted higher on a wall or on the ceiling) that will usually be powered by a 9v battery or 2AA batteries and it might continue to work fine after you replace the battery...if not, just save the batteries, and toss the detector in the trash (or e-waste recycler) ...it's done. Buy a new one at the local big-box store. 
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
Catkmn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:57pm
Thanks!  I will buy a new CO/Propane detector on line and install it. 
Cat K
Catkmn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:00pm
Thanks for the Amazon link.  Just ordered it.  It will be here on Monday.  Will install then.  Appreciate the response!
Cat K
 Post Reply Post Reply