R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReturning to R-Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning to R-Pod
    Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:12pm
I haven't been on the forest River web site in a LONG time but you may want to go there and look at the floor plans.  Just remember a slid out and a pop out are 2 different things.  A slide out doesn't pop and a pop out doesn't slide!LOL

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 9:44am
Welcome back to the forum! We are two women and a dog travelling in a 171, and we are very happy with it. Looked at the same floorplan with a slideout, which makes it a bit more spacious, but did not want the potential of problems with a slideout or the extra weight. Surely you will find a plan to fit your needs and wishes. The forum has lots of great ideas and many people willing to answer questions and give help with technical stuff. Good Hunting!!
F150/R-pod171
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 8:17am
Welcome back!  They've added a few more floorplans than when you were last looking (if it was a couple years ago).  They now have 3 models that have pop outs, they weigh a little more but still very light weight (about 500lbs heavier than the plan w/o the pop out).   The pop outs will give you an extra couple feet width in the center and just makes it look bigger when you're inside.   

They also have a couple new models that have a tent pop out in the back for an extra bed.  They call them Expandables.  Check out their floor plans:

Happy R-Pod hunting :)
RP-177
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:43am
Welcome back!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Brewsterivy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 7:17am
Good morning.. I was one of the first members a couple of years ago when I was hoping to purchase an R-Pod. At the time I drove a Forester and the dealer, in very admirable honesty, advised me that the tow limit was too close and he felt not safe for me (woman alone). So I bought a 13' Scamp which is a great little trailer but I find it too small. I now have a larger car and am planning to sell the Scamp and move up to the Pod. I have joined this group again so that I can find out which model to choose and what the pros and cons are. I think I will head up to Connecticut tomorrow to a local dealer there who carries the Pod and just look around until I sell the Scamp. I will keep an eye out for Pods in this area but have not seen any on the roads this summer.

Brewsterivy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123