R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeston Bend Pod Rally (MO) Spring 2021 - Event Date: 29 Apr 2021 - 02 May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Weston Bend Pod Rally (MO) Spring 2021
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Brew64

Hi, 
No I am not on Facebook, sounds like I will need to get on to get the details. 
Thanks for following up; hopefully, others will post on this site when other rallies are scheduled.
Thanks again

As far as this Spring Weston Bend rally, when there is new info I will post it here.

I believe I saw posts about other rallies in the "campouts and events" (I think I have that right) thread here in this forum, but since the threads with the most current posts come to the top, you have to scroll through, looking for the event dates... just like you found this one.

I hope you find one or more that works for you to attend. They are enjoyable; seems that most of them in 2020 were cancelled.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Brew64 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 12:55pm
Hi, 
No I am not on Facebook, sounds like I will need to get on to get the details. 
Thanks for following up; hopefully, others will post on this site when other rallies are scheduled.

Thanks again
Adam & Andrea
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2018 Rpod 171
RTR
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 11:32am

I will send a message to Kymooses, I believe owns the calendar.

Hi again. Yes, Kymooses manages this site. I just went and looked at the calendar - I'd never noticed that tab before! Obviously there are things on there that are not Rallies/Events, but shows anything if someone gives a date to their post. 

Are you on Facebook?  We also have a facebook group that has lots of owner interaction; Kymooses is also moderator of that group and he does an awesome job as the sites have both grown exponentially over a few years.  That site also has a list of events/rallies.  Again, not a calendar but the format is a bit better for seeing the upcoming (and past) rallies. Most of the rally information is also posted here, as there are lots of people who do not do Facebook. The facebook group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPodOwners

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Brew64 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:40am
I will send a message to Kymooses, I believe owns the calendar.
Brew64 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:25am
Under contact person for Rpod rallies there is a link for rallies and owner maps. I understood that we should use that Rpod Rallies link to open a calendar for future rallies? 
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:56pm

Hey there,
We are new to r-pods, I am sure I am doing something but when clicking on the google calendar to view next event, nothing is showing for any upcoming event. 

I'm not sure I understand what google calendar you are referring to.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Brew64 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:18pm
Hey there,
We are new to r-pods, I am sure I am doing something but when clicking on the google calendar to view next event, nothing is showing for any upcoming event. 
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 10:55am
Hi - I got your msg and replied as well. I have added you to the waiting list - I check the reservation site quite frequently as I don't want to let a cancellation get swooped up by a non - Podder! We currently have about half of the campsites with known RPod reservations.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Dengle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 12:54pm
OZ-A-POD "Chuck & Di" and Rally Hopefuls: Should any Rally cancellations be necessary, please advise Forum Member "Dengle" at dennislengle@hotmail.com Checked availability of sites at Weston Bend State Park. Effective 12/30/2020 all campsites booked for April 29th - May 2nd. Checked via Park website and confirmed via telephone. Should a cancellation be necessary, an email would be most appreciated PRIOR to cancellation with state park. Need site number too. I would coordinate and reserve the site immediately. Thanks, Dennis
2015 Rpod 179
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee,V6
w/tow package
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 5:23am
Weston Bend State Park, northwest of Kansas City, will again be the site for an R-Pod Rally!. Will you join us? The official Rally will be Thursday April 29 - Sunday May 2 but we plan to be there the 27th-3rd. Come when you can!
APRIL 26, 2021 UPDATE -- We have one BASIC* site that will be opening up tonight.  If you are interested, check out the reservation site at the link below.
*Basic = no electricity at the site; and none of the sites have water at the site.
Please let me know if you make a reservation, and I'll get all the info to you. 
Rally Central will again be Site #18, which we have already booked. We encourage you to consider sites close to 18. Sites 27-37 are up a bit of a hike from the others in the loop. See map posted below.
The campsites are spacious with various degrees of woods/shade. There is woods inside the center loop and beyond the campground perimeter.
Water is available at three stations around the campground but NOT at each site. Remember to fill your tank prior to setting up camp. 😏 Dump station and nice shower/restroom facility available. There is also one vault toilet building.
Pets and kids welcome. $23/night (I think). They offer senior and military discounts. 😀 There are no park entrance fees.
Weston Bend State Park sits high above the banks of the Missouri River, with hiking and bike trails with nice views. (No river views from the campground itself).
The historic small town of Weston is just down the road, and it is a delightful place to visit! "The Best Small Town in Missouri." Tour wineries, a brewery, a distillery, a creamery and sheep dairy farm; shop nice galleries, boutiques, and antique stores; and dine at a variety of local restaurants. Information about and links to the town will be posted for you to scroll through... but for now you can browse through the 2020 Weston Bend Rally page.
This will be a pretty low-key Rally giving you plenty of time to relax, hike, have fun in Weston, or just get to know other Podders. We will have some pot-lucks and campfires.
One event we will plan again for those who wish to participate, is a HOMETOWN GIFT EXCHANGE. Bring a wrapped item (one per person or one per Pod) that represents something about your hometown, and is in the $10-15 range. Enclose a note with the item with your name, and explain how this relates to your hometown. This event will not be mandatory, and no need to sign up. Either bring something, or don't. 🙂
Link to Weston Bend State Park, including campground map and campsite photos -

TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, either
-- Call 877-422-6766 between 7am-7pm CST daily
OR
-- Go Online at:
https://mostateparks.com/campgrounds/weston-bend-state-park
***ONCE YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, please post your dates and site # here or msg me. ✔
****OH, IF YOU MAKE A RESERVATION AND FIND YOU NEED TO CANCEL ----
Please post that here or msg me, including your site number, BEFORE CANCELING so maybe someone planning to participate can be ready to reserve your site as it is released. Thanks!!!**** 
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
 Post Reply Post Reply