Topic ClosedMy next year's trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: My next year's trip
    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:27pm
 This next year I plan on doing a 15,000 to 20,000 mile rad trip around the USA, Canada and Alaska. I will be driving my Dodge Durango towing an RPod 196. Plan to go as far south as Key West, east of the USA in Canada and north to Prudoe Bay in Alaska and then home to Chico, CA. I figure the whole trip will take me about 3 months.
The Pirate's Pod
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:42pm
I've traveled east/west Both in the US and Canada. Though costs are higher, I like Canada better. maybe that's just me.. 

I was talked out of Alaska in preference to using that time in the Canadian Rockies. I can't tell ya how happy I am about that choice and still feel I went through that region too quickly (spent 3 weeks around there). I will go back and this time spend even more time around there traveling north along the Rockies (east side) and head further into the Northwest Territories. 

If you do travel across in mid-Canada, get off the TCH and enjoy what rural Canada has to offer! We split our run with south of the TCH (westward) to north of as we approached Lake Superior. Now that's yet another treat of running both the north/south shores of Lake Superior. Both have their own uniqueness and charm. The UP of Michigan should not be missed, yet... Circle if you can, or you'll have to decide which way to go. 

Sounds like a great time! Enjoy! Let's just hope you can go through Canada this time next year...
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 4:34pm
We went from NC to Vancouver and then down the pacific coast through Washington, Oregon and into California-beautiful country and lots of places for camping.  the coast is spectacular-don't miss it on your way home.  We spent 6 weeks from Vancouver to the Bay area.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:16pm
Hey, Capt., after meeting you at the Rpod rally in Cannon Beach, if anyone can pull off a great trip like that, you can. Best of luck and we'll look forward to hearing about the run at the next rally. All the best!
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
 Post Reply Post Reply