R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedexterior maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: exterior maintenance
    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:42pm
Other than using an automotive soap and water, are there any recommended treatments to keep the exterior nice?< ="text/" ="https:////www.rpod-owners.com/3573a675bb91940deb3a9fdd9bc861d5e19ca7d0dbf836479f42c53a114ea0d8/inject.js">
Dan
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 5:10pm
Our 2011 177 was purchased January 2011 and 1x/year i run a clay bar over the whole thing; takes me a good 3 hours to do, quite labor intensive.  After that a coat of MeGuiar's ultimate liquid wax (black bottle)  is applied, leaving a 'baby butt smooth' finish.  Even after 9+ years of ownership the exterior still looks nearly like showroom condition.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
NancyGarbade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 11:59am
everyone leeps telling me to buy "roof Conditioner "from walmart and put it on every year but i cant find anything....does anyone have a name and a brand i could search for??
Nancy Garbade
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:32pm
Hi Nancy. Hello and welcome! I don't know how long you have had an RPod, but I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with it.

As for the roof, it depends on what model you have as to what you need. Most of the lower-numbered models have a one-piece fiberglass roof. Just regular polishing with a product like Protect-All will suffice. You should check the condition of the sealant around all fittings that go through the roof. On the flat, horizontal parts, that is Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Sealant. On curved or vertical surfaces, it should be Dicor No-Sag sealant.

The newer, larger models use a different type of roof: Tufflex PVC Roofing. It is not a rubber roof so it would not need the same type of maintenance. From everything I have read, it is resistant to sun, chemicals, etc. I could find no maintenance instructions so I would check with your dealer to find out if they have any information about cleaning/maintenance of the Tufflex PVC roofing.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 7:05am
I have a 2015 178 and have never used a roof conditioner. I clean it well with LA Awesome and wax with a high quality product. Works fine. As to seals, SH is spot on you need to inspect and repair as required.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply