R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRP 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP 180
    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 3:48pm
Hi.  My gf and I decided we like the RP 180 interior configuration the best (no bunks or family-sized table areas).  Are there any notable exterior differences from the other models?  I'm thinking water tank location/hookups, etc...  Were there any major changes year to year?  Much appreciated
seafans View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:28pm
Are you referring to different years of the RP-180?    I have a 180 and have rented these before purchasing one one I have.  The tanks are the same size, about the biggest difference was the early ones had a dark interior including darker woodwork and floor.  Mine which was built in nov 2018 had the Furrion radio and the older had the Jensen after using the Furrion I prefer it over the Jenson.
jbar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 5:04am
Yes, different years of the RP 180.  Do you know when the interior changed?  We felt the 178 was on the dark side but it was overcast.  Thanks  
seafans View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:28am
The interior changed when the R-Pod changed from the green on the outside to the blue.  About the only difference from the mid west build and western build is the axles and tires.  Also the western version has a yellow swirl included with the paint scheme on the sides.  Mine been fairly reliable with the appliances.  Some of the interior woodwork has come loose and I have replaced the string in the window shades.  The biggest issue was the brakes shoes were coated with grease from the easy-lube systems that has a lot to be desired.  I cleaned the shoes and repacked the wheel bearing by hand and had no trouble since.  
jbar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 10:41am
Thanks
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 7:31am
Originally posted by seafans

About the only difference from the mid west build and western build is the axles and tires.   

It's just the lift kit that is different not the axle itself, correct? Wheels are 15 inch vs 14 I believe, or they were up until recently. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
seafans View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 10:33am
The axles are different on the HoodRiver Edition than the midwest version.  I live a few miles from the Sheridon,Or plant where the HoodRiver Edition is assembled.  Next to the building are stacks of axles with wheels and tires installed.  Lift kits are aftermarket additions installed by the owner.
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm
At one point the hood river ones had lift kits and 15 inch wheels while the midwest ones did not have lifts and had 14 inch wheels, but the axles were both 3500 lb rated Lippert torsion axles (which is what I have). What do you have in yours and what model and year is it? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
+1 to Offgrid, I will say my 2015 178, came with a lift, I did not install, it is not an HRE. It has 14" wheels and the same axle Offgrid references.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
I should have explained better. My 2015 178 has a lift and 14" tires. It is not an HRE. The frame is not unique to a Pod. In fact my frame is stenciled with Surveyor on it. Lifts are not unique to HREs. HREs have lifts. I would think because of the 15" tires which also were unique to HREs during a build period. Bottom line is lifts are not unique to HREs. Again during that build cycle.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>