R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTelevision not working :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Television not working :(
    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:01pm
Hello, I just picked up my NEW 2020 R-pod Midwest RP-180 3 weeks ago. At the time of purchase, the original television that came with it was not in the unit. I asked about it and they looked for another television on the lot and replaced with one they found in a different RV. I really didn't care as long as it was comparable size and worked, which is was and it did. At that time I just turned it on to be sure it came on - no more than that. 

I am on my third trip and used the television for the first time Thursday night (2 nights ago) - I used an HDMI cable and streamed some shows from my laptop. It worked just fine. Tonight I cannot get it to turn on? It has power to it. All lights are lit - it is plugged in properly, nothing changed. Everything else in Trailer is working fine. Checked breaker box - ok there. Green light comes on bottom right when I press button but nothing happens. Any magic anyone can offer? 

Thanks! 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 10:58pm
Welcome and congratulations on your new RPod. I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with it.

Unfortunately, this is not one of them. However, it would be helpful to give the brand and model number of the television.
First thing: You are on AC power, correct? I think you are because of the description you give, but it does not hurt to make sure.

Second, you watched using an HDMI cable. Are you trying to watch television? If so, have you changed the input so that it is the proper setting for what you want to do? It could be on, but the screen could be blank because there is no input. I'm guessing here.

Third, you could have been the quality control step that manufacturers seem to be leaving out nowadays. It might be bad. However, if you have a manual for it, please check it to see if it has troubleshooting steps.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 9:40am
Welcome. Try resetting it by unplugging it for a minute and then plugging it in again. And use the buttons on the set itself to turn it on and select inputs, rather than the remote, just to be sure its not the remote that's the problem.  
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 2:28pm
And, if you are trying to watch television, have you scanned for channels, and is the power to the antenna turned on?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:29pm
Television not working? That's a good thing! Nothing on but bad news and politics...which are kinda the same thing most of the time...So go outside and enjoy 'camping'!

Thumbs Up

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 6:36am
I agree about "television", never watch it. 

But selectively streaming films via hdmi from a device can be a great rainy day alternative. We particularly like "Jaws" and ""The Perfect Storm" at the beach and "Wrong Turn" and "Cabin in the Woods" while in the mountains. Adds to the ambiance. LOL

1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:27am
I've never turned my tv on. But I do, often watch downloaded stuff on my HD tablet (I suspect the picture is better than the tv anyway). In case any podders are unaware, Netflix and Amazon Prime now allow you to download and save movies/TV series; great for for when there's no internet and doesn't even use camper power.

News and sportsball are available on the tune-in radio app if you have internet.
Julie
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:05am
The 720p resolution of the TV is just fine for the application because its a small screen that you're not sitting very close to. You wouldn't be able to visually detect the difference with a higher resolution monitor at that size and distance. If you connect your device to it via hdmi and also use bluetooth to connect to the rPod's audio it creates a pretty decent AV system. I stream video from my phone no problem, and also stream Spotify to the audio system when we just want to listen to music. You can also send the audio to the outdoor speakers, but if you're not boon docking in a remote spot do keep the volume down, nothing is more annoying than having to listen to another camper's music selections. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
I have XM radio, which is way better. And no TV needed.

And what is this...'rain' you speak of?

Confused
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:36am
Nah, XM is not better than Spotify. 60 million tracks at your fingertips vs 150 channels where you have to listen to what they send you when they send it, just like the bad old days of TV. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>