R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: An open discussion about links to the other forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn open discussion about links to the other forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: An open discussion about links to the other forum
    Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 5:12pm
As a now single woman, camping alone, I am new to this avenue of communication, so, don't quite know how or where to post my question, which is:   I occupy (and thoroughly enjoy)  my 176 at Gulf Shores AL 3 mos of the year, and, for the rest of the year, it is stored at the same campground.    I've ordered a silver-coated tarp (35' x 30') for storage covering, plus a continuous 50' length of bungee cord for wrap-around securing.   (I didn't want the metal hooked bungees for fear that one of them might abrade the fiberglass surface).   My question is:  By wrapping the entire camper in this manner, could I be impeding strategic air air flow to any of the openings... thus creating some kind of a moisture vacuum which might prove more injurious than any kind of unprotected covering??   Ying Yang
Thinker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Winnie

As a now single woman, camping alone, I am new to this avenue of communication, so, don't quite know how or where to post my question, which is:   I occupy (and thoroughly enjoy)  my 176 at Gulf Shores AL 3 mos of the year, and, for the rest of the year, it is stored at the same campground.    I've ordered a silver-coated tarp (35' x 30') for storage covering, plus a continuous 50' length of bungee cord for wrap-around securing.   (I didn't want the metal hooked bungees for fear that one of them might abrade the fiberglass surface).   My question is:  By wrapping the entire camper in this manner, could I be impeding strategic air air flow to any of the openings... thus creating some kind of a moisture vacuum which might prove more injurious than any kind of unprotected covering??   Ying Yang

Hello Winnie,
Glad to know there is a pod camper on the Gulf coast.  Wife and I live just down the trail in South Mississippi a few minutes from the coast.  If you are ever ambling over to Louisiana, stop by.  We have a mini campground with two full hookups in the back yard.

About, the cover -- can't help.  We keep ours in the barn we built for our Diesel Pusher.  Talk about a tiny pea in the pod... 

Thnker & Mrs. Thinker
Tow Vehicle: 2013 Pathfinder 4WD R-POD Model 171
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Winnie

Winnie, it's my understanding that you are better off not putting anything on your rpod then putting on one of those silver tarps.  I know someone with more information will chime in (hopefully), the tarps may cause mold and other types of problems because the fabric doesn't breathe.  (Kinda what you said)

I'm the reverse, I try and camp about once a month during warm weather and only store Podterfly in the winter months.  I have the Forest River cover, but the ones from Northern Tool look good too.

The forum is a GREAT source of info. 
From one single woman to another (there's quite a few of us out there). 
Enjoy Podding
LeeStar

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 10:48pm
A tarp would work well to block the sun but I agree with butterfly Lee the rpod needs to have ventilation. If you could use lines and stakes to pull the corners of the tarp out,that would shade the rpod but still allow the air to move around the sides of the trailer. That might work if you have the space.    David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:14pm
BerryMt, I'm moving your post to its own thread.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Ernie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:45pm
< removed >

Edited by techntrek

Please note this item at the top of our rules page:  "Please no dealers are allowed to submit promotional posts. This is soley an owners forum."

You are welcome to stay, just not to promote your dealership by name and phone number.  Thanks.

Winnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:19am
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 2:30pm
Winnie I moved your for-sale post to the Flea Market section.  Your second post (above) was blank.
JazzNLiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:49am
In reading through this thread, there are a couple comments about differentiating from the other site. If you are thinking about a wiki, I'm the wiki developer for our site. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I can set up/admin a site,  the database, semantic extensions, content, templates, queries, etc.

Liz the camper, 181G
Ned 'the best' border collie
Jazz - Tennessee Walker
2008 Toyota Tundra/2005 Honda Pilot
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:30pm
Worth a discussion.  Maybe start a new thread to get everyone's input?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>