R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: An open discussion about links to the other forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn open discussion about links to the other forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: An open discussion about links to the other forum
    Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 11:05am
I'll be doing the same at a GS encampment in September.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
wife wanted to go to the fall round up in ohio. i was on the other site reading, and found a thread about the first eastern round up. it was being held in boonesborough ky. one podder wanted to know if some of her family or friends with the tabs campers would be welcome. one persom said it would be okay. another posted that the podders who had allready made reservations should have been asked first. some suggested let them come but park in another area .one commented about the box campers. some didnt care ,seems others did. so wife and i decided, we camp for the enjoyment of it and dont need the attitudes, seem like some had about other campers. and where they should be camping. i fully realize this is a rpod forum and i respect that. i found this site when we were going to buy an rpod. but because of my disabilities, decided the surveyor was a better choice, for us. but what really irks me is . i served two tours in viet nam and some people dont want you around cause you dont have a pod. GO FIGURE. DONT WORRY I WONT BE SITTING AROUND THERE LITTLE GROUP CAMPFIRE, ANY TIME SOON . IF THATS THE WAY IT IS. think i will just stay over here. read and enjoy the gret info. offer help or suggestions when i can. would hope to meet some of you at a campsite soon. but will stay away from the roundups.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:41pm
Well, Big Bear.  What I liked about this forum is that I thought it was pretty open, and didn't exclude others, so I hope I'm not being naiive about that.  Camping is camping - and camping in a Pod is good for us, but in your "alien craft" Smile, the Surveyor is better for you due to your health issues.  It sounds like you've been getting a little rejection from some other Podders in regard to Round-ups?  Ouch!  (Surely, no one here, I hope!)  Please don't judge us by the postings on the other forum either, okay?  I, for one, hope you keep hanging around here.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:52pm
By the same token I hope no one judges the "other forum" and RoundUps that have been and/or will be organized there by the opinions of a few instead of by the general feelings of most.
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:59pm
Point taken kymooses - you are absolutely right - the reverse is also true. Thanks for pointing that out.
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:04pm
Yes this is a r-pod owners forum BUT ALL ARE WELCOME!  Does not matter if you own, did own or never owned a r-pod.  There is so much in camping that we can learn from each other.  Camp site reviews, road conditions, ideas to enhance your time spent camping is what we are about here.  If I'm able to camp with others I really do not care about what kind of camper or tent they have. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by BIG BEAR

wife wanted to go to the fall round up in ohio. i was on the other site reading, and found a thread about the first eastern round up. it was being held in boonesborough ky. one podder wanted to know if some of her family or friends with the tabs campers would be welcome. one persom said it would be okay. another posted that the podders who had allready made reservations should have been asked first. some suggested let them come but park in another area .one commented about the box campers. some didnt care ,seems others did. so wife and i decided, we camp for the enjoyment of it and dont need the attitudes, seem like some had about other campers. and where they should be camping. i fully realize this is a rpod forum and i respect that. i found this site when we were going to buy an rpod. but because of my disabilities, decided the surveyor was a better choice, for us. but what really irks me is . i served two tours in viet nam and some people dont want you around cause you dont have a pod. GO FIGURE. DONT WORRY I WONT BE SITTING AROUND THERE LITTLE GROUP CAMPFIRE, ANY TIME SOON . IF THATS THE WAY IT IS. think i will just stay over here. read and enjoy the gret info. offer help or suggestions when i can. would hope to meet some of you at a campsite soon. but will stay away from the roundups.

After 2 tours in 'Nam, IMHO, you have earned the right to camp anywhere you want and not catch any grief from anyone about your camper.  Angry

The Surveyor is identical to the Pod (right down to the fabrics), except for the physical shape.  We welcome all on this forum.  Hell, I don't even own a FR product anymore, yet they keep me as a moderator.  This speaks to how open our members are and accepting of things that may be a little different.  You are among friends here, Bear!

BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:26pm
thank you all, i do feel welcome here. and my wife and i do appreciate that.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:42pm
big bear, I'm not surprized to hear that happened on the other forum.  Unfortunately.  And no, we won't allow that type of attitude here.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:59pm
Might I ask again that we not judge "the other forum" by old posts, hard feelings, past disagreements or whatever may be the case?

I post on both forums and have never had a negative experience on either of them and would like to keep it that way.  It just happens that I found rpodnation forum first and began posting there first before I found the rpod-owners forum.

Now, I'm quite happy to jump back and fourth amongst all the posts on both of them daily and share info from here to there or there to here that I've learned over the years, I'd like to think that's the "attitude" that we're all working towards. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>