R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: An open discussion about links to the other forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn open discussion about links to the other forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: An open discussion about links to the other forum
    Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:00pm
LET ME CLEAR SOMETHING UP. NO ONE HAS EVER DIRECTED ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARD ME EVER. AS I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THIS SITE. SOMEONE SUGGESTED I JOIN OVER THERE. I SIGNED UP BUT HAS BEEN TWO WEEKS AND STILL NOT ACTIVATED. THATS GOOD WITH ME I PROBABLY WOULDNT LAST TO LONG THERE ANYWAY. JUST HAPPENED UPON THAT THREAD ABOUT THE TABBERS. AND HOW SOME RESPONDED TOWARD AND ABOUT THEM. HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH NOTHING BUT GOOD HERE . JUST FELT SORRY FOR THE LADY TRYING TO GET THE TABBERS IN. MOST DID THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA AND OKAY WITH IT. BUT THEN THERE WERE SOME WHO WHERE AGAINST IT. FINALLY THE PODDER WHO HAD THE FRIENDS, JUST DROPPED IT BECAUSE OF A FEW JERKS. EVERYONE ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND WELCOMING. JUST A SHAME THAT SOME ON THE OTHER FORUM, WILL BE AT THE ROUNDUPS AND SOME MAY NOT WANT ALIENS THERE, JUST THOUGHT IT WAS KIND OF SAD. WE ARE ALL CAMPERS WITH THE SAME LOVE. SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE AUNT BEA, MAYBERRY SOCIAL CLUB. THAN CAMPERS ACTUALLY WANTING TO GET OUT AND ENJOY WHAT THE CAMPING WORLD HAS TO OFFER, INCLUDING MEETING NEW PEOPLE WITH ALIEN CRAFTS. JUST MY TWO CENTS NOW I AM DONE.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:06pm
I think you cleared that up! Approve
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by kymooses

Might I ask again that we not judge "the other forum" by old posts, hard feelings, past disagreements or whatever may be the case?

I post on both forums and have never had a negative experience on either of them and would like to keep it that way.  It just happens that I found rpodnation forum first and began posting there first before I found the rpod-owners forum.

Now, I'm quite happy to jump back and fourth amongst all the posts on both of them daily and share info from here to there or there to here that I've learned over the years, I'd like to think that's the "attitude" that we're all working towards. 
TOTALLY AGREE, WITH YOU MY FRIEND
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 5:18pm
I agree with Kymooses.   I found that everyone that I have personally encountered through either site to be very friendly.    Online though, it is easy to misinterpret writings.   No facial expressions or no voice tone is there to convey friendly sarcasm.     Typing in all caps can sometimes be viewed as shouting but based on reading between the lines, I suspect that is not the intention here.  

It would be best if we can stop comparing the two sites as that alone is somewhat combative but this is a free world and thank goodness for the freedom of speach.   When discussions that switch towards the aggressiveness, I just tend to stop reading them. 

Big Bear, I am not familiar with the admin on the nation site but I hope that there is no intent to exclude you, I suspect that the admin is not always on the site as much as the ones here are.   
If you ever see a pod with the license DogPod, please stop and introduce yourself and I would love to see your surveyor.  

Sorry for the ramble.

Terri and Craig and Panzer
2009 - 175 RPod
2000 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab Diesel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by BIG BEAR

LET ME CLEAR SOMETHING UP. NO ONE HAS EVER DIRECTED ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARD ME EVER. AS I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THIS SITE. SOMEONE SUGGESTED I JOIN OVER THERE. I SIGNED UP BUT HAS BEEN TWO WEEKS AND STILL NOT ACTIVATED. THATS GOOD WITH ME I PROBABLY WOULDNT LAST TO LONG THERE ANYWAY. JUST HAPPENED UPON THAT THREAD ABOUT THE TABBERS. AND HOW SOME RESPONDED TOWARD AND ABOUT THEM. HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH NOTHING BUT GOOD HERE . JUST FELT SORRY FOR THE LADY TRYING TO GET THE TABBERS IN. MOST DID THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA AND OKAY WITH IT. BUT THEN THERE WERE SOME WHO WHERE AGAINST IT. FINALLY THE PODDER WHO HAD THE FRIENDS, JUST DROPPED IT BECAUSE OF A FEW JERKS. EVERYONE ON THIS SITE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND WELCOMING. JUST A SHAME THAT SOME ON THE OTHER FORUM, WILL BE AT THE ROUNDUPS AND SOME MAY NOT WANT ALIENS THERE, JUST THOUGHT IT WAS KIND OF SAD. WE ARE ALL CAMPERS WITH THE SAME LOVE. SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE AUNT BEA, MAYBERRY SOCIAL CLUB. THAN CAMPERS ACTUALLY WANTING TO GET OUT AND ENJOY WHAT THE CAMPING WORLD HAS TO OFFER, INCLUDING MEETING NEW PEOPLE WITH ALIEN CRAFTS. JUST MY TWO CENTS NOW I AM DONE.

I, and several others, were there when that happened.  I too felt sorry for the Tabber(s) who just wanted to come along and join the fun.

Yes, I think it is a small number on the other site.  Although I don't even "lurk" there, when I was active on both, most everyone was (active on both sites).  The events you describe, along with several others, made me decide to withdraw from that site.  Most of the folks who seemed to be "cool campers" were here and there.  The folks who seemed to be "uncool campers" did not come to this site at all.  Easy decision.  Any "forum" IS it's active membership.

Axe to grind.....naaaa.  How can I like you here, but not like you there (if I were still on the other site).
It seems to be a difference of philosophy - which I view and have stated many times;
it's not about the trailer/what you sleep in a night, it's about the people.  When the brand of trailer becomes more important than the human beings that own/use them, my sense of values says something is very wrong.  I can't and won't support something that I feel is fundmentally wrong. 

Friendly advise....be careful about referring to some of the members of the other site as "jerks".
They do lurk here and you may find yourself the object of their "affections". Cry
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by David

Originally posted by BIG BEAR

I, and several others, were there when that happened.  I too felt sorry for the Tabber(s) who just wanted to come along and join the fun.

Yes, I think it is a small number on the other site.  Although I don't even "lurk" there, when I was active on both, most everyone was (active on both sites).  The events you describe, along with several others, made me decide to withdraw from that site.  Most of the folks who seemed to be "cool campers" were here and there.  The folks who seemed to be "uncool campers" did not come to this site at all.  Easy decision.  Any "forum" IS it's active membership.

Axe to grind.....naaaa.  How can I like you here, but not like you there (if I were still on the other site).
It seems to be a difference of philosophy - which I view and have stated many times;
it's not about the trailer/what you sleep in a night, it's about the people.  When the brand of trailer becomes more important than the human beings that own/use them, my sense of values says something is very wrong.  I can't and won't support something that I feel is fundmentally wrong. 

Friendly advise....be careful about referring to some of the members of the other site as "jerks".
They do lurk here and you may find yourself the object of their "affections". Cry
thanks, for the friendly advice dave. after my nam tours i spent seven years on a federal narcotics task force. working motorcycle gangs, narcotics and child trafficing. the next twenty years i spent as chief of criminal investigations in kys third largest citys . i usually speak my mind. and over the years have been the object of affection, from alot of diferrent people and groups .so that really wont bother me at all. you have always been welcoming here and i appreciate your friendship
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Brin

I agree with Kymooses.   I found that everyone that I have personally encountered through either site to be very friendly.    Online though, it is easy to misinterpret writings.   No facial expressions or no voice tone is there to convey friendly sarcasm.     Typing in all caps can sometimes be viewed as shouting but based on reading between the lines, I suspect that is not the intention here.  
 It would be best if we can stop comparing the two sites as that alone is somewhat combative but this is a free world and thank goodness for the freedom of speach.   When discussions that switch towards the aggressiveness, I just tend to stop reading them. 

Big Bear, I am not familiar with the admin on the nation site but I hope that there is no intent to exclude you, I suspect that the admin is not always on the site as much as the ones here are.   
If you ever see a pod with the license DogPod, please stop and introduce yourself and I would love to see your surveyor.  
Sorry for the ramble.
thank u i will. love your dog panzer. we travel with our pit TUFF he goes everywhere with me even coyote hunting.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 8:48pm
LOL  After thinking about it a few minutes, my closing remark would have been better stated as "If they didn't like you before - they are really not going to like you now."

I really don't know how the other place is these days...I don't go there.  Back in the day, I'd say a high percentage posted in both places. 

I had a feeling we were "kindred spirits" of sorts, fellow ("old") warrior.  Ex-cop, firefighter/rescue/emergency medical technician (and one or two other things I'll keep to myself).  Been the object of a few people's affection myself.  Seen and experienced some things that I would not wish on anyone.  I learned that people can be the most vicious and cruel creatures on the planet.  Others, almost saintly in their selfless giving and concern - and everything in between (as I'm sure you have experienced).

This is me shortly after being sworn in, back in 1977:

I wanted to make the world a better place.....I don't think I was entirely successful! LOL
However, I have gotten MUCH more handsome over the years.Tongue
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:24pm
i am like you .we def have some things in common my friend .you and i will def hook up somewhere down the road.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 4:54pm
When we do Bear, I'll consider it an honor.  Thank you for you service(s) and sacrifices.  I'll wrap this up, as I have drifted us off topic ....I don't know if you saw my post in the "Boiling in Baltimore" thread
regarding Officer Long & Shadow but, if so, I thought you might find it interesting - it was later revealed that the "gentleman" had the house wired with surveillance video cameras.  Given how quickly everything happened, it is believed he saw Long & Shadow coming and in effect, ambushed/assasinated him...he never had a chance.  Shadow was shot in the jaw and had bullet fragments in "other parts of his body".  He was taken to Purdue University School Of Vet Medicine where they patched him up - he is expected to make a full recovery.  He was strong enough to attend his partner's funeral, under his own power - on all 4 legs - wearing a soft muzzel/cast. I have not heard if they will be returning him to duty.

Like Mr. Rogers sings: "It's a wonderful day in the neiborhood....."  NOT! Cry

Now back to our regularly scheduled forum......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>