R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outriggers Forest River parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outriggers Forest River parts
    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 10:52am
On mine, the sagging seemed to appear only on the slide side. I will keep watch on the door side though now that you mention it. My two home-built brackets which I bolted on so far seem to be working okay. I might order a set from FR and add them for further support.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olddawgsrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by StephenH

On mine, the sagging seemed to appear only on the slide side. I will keep watch on the door side though now that you mention it. My two home-built brackets which I bolted on so far seem to be working okay. I might order a set from FR and add them for further support.

You may wish to see the spec's of FR's first. I have to think your HB's are probably better!
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:59pm
Yes, but the FR ones are already made. I would need to buy materials and then weld them, and paint them. It might be more cost effective for me to purchase the FR ones if I could get a response from the parts department. I have tried calling twice so far and have left messages. So far, no call-back.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 5:49am
FR says they have a new policy of no direct parts sales anymore.  You have to order them through any FR dealer (not just r-Pod dealers).  We recently bought seam tape and got the part info from the factory, but had to buy it from a dealer.  It's unfortunate as it caused delays due to double shipping, first to the dealer, then to you.  Thankfully, most parts are pretty ubiquitous and can be purchased from other sources.  Personally, I think it's a bad idea limiting parts sales in that manner, but all my calls to Mr. Buffett go unreturned.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:31am
Thanks. I need to locate an FR dealer then. The one from whom I purchased the RPod no longer sells them. I don't know if they sell other FR models. We are nowhere near them.

Personally, I think that policy of no direct sales is short-sighted. It just means that the price listed above is to the dealer now and the dealer will probably add a markup that will make the price double or more. That would change the equation to make it more cost effective to make my own again probably.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
JA-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JA-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:47am
thanks for the update All,  Wow! no parts directly from FR they are making it difficult to believe in this company,  not customer friendly at all.  I have reached out to FR as well,  will see if I have any luck.   Stephen  I too know of no R-Pod dealer in the area,  although there is suppose to be one in Apex,  D&H RV center?  If you do find a source of the outriggers  let me know I will also add them to my door side.  Interesting I have not heard of an issue with this side of the pod except on this forum but do believe an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"  so adding them on would be a good thing.  

John & Allison
R-Pod 179 (2017)
Nissan Frontier SL V6 4.0 (2019)
JA-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JA-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 12:13pm
All I received a email response from FR,  appears that certain parts can be ordered.  see their response:

"Good afternoon,

There are critical components that FR cannot sell directly to retail customers. We advise to purchase parts with your dealership or a local FR Certified dealership but if you wish to purchase those with us, you may give us a call.

F100140948 FORMED OUTRIGGER - 4A - USED ON R-PODS 1051177 L & W ENGINEERING $3.44 ea + tax + ups shipping

Thank you,

LACEY STUTSMAN
FOREST RIVER
PARTS ADMINISTRATOR
(574)-642-1600
John & Allison
R-Pod 179 (2017)
Nissan Frontier SL V6 4.0 (2019)
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
What was the email address from which this information came? Since I have not been able to talk to Lacy, perhaps an email might get a response. I left another voice mail a couple of minutes ago asking for a call-back.

I just got that call-back. Outriggers will be on the way soon. Smile
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
chasl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 11:32am
I saw some questions about these being installed on newer R-Pod. So fyi, I have 5 outriggers on each side of my 2021 196. Installed by factory I assume.
cl
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 3:00pm
It seems like FR realized that there was a problem and addressed it (finally).
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>