Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLabor Day weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labor Day weekend
    Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 9:55pm
The Mrs and I took the 'Pod out with a bunch of friends to Sequoia RV Camp near 3 Rivers, CA.  This is the first real camping trip we've taken with it, and it performed very well.   We had camped at a friend's house a few months back to get a feel for it and found out the AC went out, so we had just got it back from the repair center in time for the camping trip and a darn good thing too!  It was exceptionally hot this weekend, 103-105 all weekend.   

Everyone was having problems with their AC going so long they would konk out until you turned it off for 30minutes to an hour.   The 'Pod handled the heat the best, but that's because there's so little of it to keep cool.  We only had problems on the first day, not realizing these little AC units aren't like the ones at home.  Once we kept the temp at something that would actually shut the unit off every once in a while we had no problems. 

Other than the heat, all had a good time.   I had several couples come over to look at the 'Pod and ask questions.  

The park itself was on the expensive side but it was nice, the showers & bathroom were clean and the staff friendly and helpful to a first time RVer.    It's located very close to Sequoia National Forest, so if you feel the need to look at more trees it's just a 20 minute drive away assuming no lines.  We went to the Gateway Restaurant which is about a mile outside the park and it took us an hour to get there because of the line going into the park.   Nice view, but the food is only OK.   The view of the river from the restaurant would be much better in April when the snow is melting and the river is running high.

I took a couple pictures, but I'm on the lame side and still need to transfer them to the computer.   I'll edit this with pics later ;)   

-Runebane
RP-177
psaman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 10:09pm
Sounds like you had a great time!!
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:36pm
Sounds great!  Pictures?