R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoof is Going Wavey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof is Going Wavey
    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:12pm
The roof on our R-Pod is distorting and has some very prominent "oil-canning".  You can really notice it along he bottom edge of he air conditioner. I have never been on the roof so this was not caused by body weight, nor has the R-Pod been in excessively hot weather.  The trailer is still under warranty so the dealer is looking into this.  They have not encountered this issue before and they have sent pictures to Forest River to help determine what he problem and the fix may be.  Has anyone encountered this before?  

2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
BMW Z3 (never used for towing)
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:11am
Yes but my issue was not on the roof it was located in a side wall of the slide out and the skin was bubbling out from the wall.  What caused my issue was a defect in manufacturing process, when the glue was sprayed on the skin in the assembling process they missed a spot.  Which caused the skin to delaminate.  Maybe they missed a larger spot on your roof.  Mine was covered under a warranty claim and the side wall to the slide out was replaced.  Hope you get your issue resolved to your satisfaction. 
Jay

179/2019
SMK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 10:14am
Jay - thank you for the response.  When I was doing some internet research on what might cause the issue it suggested a potential manufacturing defect, but I could not find anything specific to R-Pods. Replacement of the roof be a very significant piece of work.  I am glad to hear the manufacturer stepped up and addressed your delamination issue.
2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 10:21am
Has the roof lost its edge seal where it meets the wall?  If its not sealed there you have an urgent problem to keep water out. If its retain its seal then its more of a cosmetic issue, at least for now. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
SMK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 11:21am
Thank you for the heads-up.  There was no apparent leak a few weeks ago, but the R-Pod is in storage about a 30 minute drive from home so I am not checking on it daily.  It does have a proper cover over it, but I am not certain if the cover is completely waterproof.  The potential for water intrusion had crossed my mind given that we had a lot of rain in the past week.  Just to be sure I will go do a check on it tomorrow morning.
2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
 Post Reply Post Reply