R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWindow Shade/ Valence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window Shade/ Valence
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:56am
I have to restring a window shade and found plenty of info on restringing but nothing on removing valences.  It looks like there are screws toenailed into the wall that hold the valences but the screws on the top of the valences appear to be behind the fabric?  Anyone have experience with removing the valences?  I assume you have to remove them to take the shades down.
JR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:46am
I found when I had to remove the valences is that FR put the screws in right through the fabric and there should be a little hole in the fabric where you can access the screw (or you could make another hole which will not be easily detectable after the repair).  If my memory serves me correctly (which is a leap) there is a screw on either end and one on the top at either end.  A total of 4 screws on the smaller side windows above the bed and the larger window above the table and kitchen maybe 3 or 4 screws on top of the valance.

Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:57am
Thanks.  Yes I found the same thing.....pretty sloppy mounting.  Since the cords have to be replaced fairly regularly I think I am going to make some sort of easy mount brackets.  The shade was a sloppy mount as well.....drilled thru the window aluminum.  I got the shade that had the problem fixed but I suspect I am going to have redesign all the valence mounts.  Thanks for the info.
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:23pm
The valances on the smaller windows in my 180 were haphazardly mounted with one screw on either side under the fabric. After one side fell off I removed the other side ordered a blackout pull down from blinds galore mounted that with screws and used powerful flat magnets to hold the valance. It is extremely secure. Idea from a member on one of the forums.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm
How did you attach the magnets?  With glue?  Do they stay put when you are on the road?  
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:10pm
Unfortunately the process to post a pic here is beyond me but Amazon has them. Called neodymium rectangular pot magnet from the lovimag store. 10 pack they come with small screws that are recessed. Very powerful magnets 66 lbs pulling force. Screwed one in the wall on both sides and also on the valance. Never has fallen down and I put a fairly heavy wireless speaker on them when stopped. Looks flush to the wall. Allows me to easily get to shade if maintenance needed.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
 Post Reply Post Reply