Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Awning for Rpod 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JR View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning for Rpod 180
    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:06am
I also have a Thule awning on my 2019 179.  When I was shopping for my 179 I was told by several dealers that the trailer had to be ordered from the factory with either a Thule awning or a R Dome because the attachment of the Thule awning was installed before the outside skin was installed???  For the R Dome the Keder Rail had to be correctly installed during the construction process.  I don't know how factual this information is but it is what the dealer advised me.  Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 11:07pm
I have the same  model and year R-pod the awning is a Thule Crown might find for in formation https://www.lci1.com/thule-crown.  May i ask what  campground you were at in the picture?
tcj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 10:14am
Our 2018 180 came from the factory with a Thule. The instructions say it's a Thule 5200.  It's 12 feet long.  I'm not sure how far out it extends.  It is fully extended in the photo.  I have a mesh shade tarp I tie across one end or the front if the sun is too hot.  Also the legs make a good place to tie a rope between for a clothes line for drying towels.  I couldn't find a price on the internet.

2018 R-pod 180 Hood River Edition
Gillbuyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gillbuyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
I am a new to RV camping, and own a 2017 Rpod 180.  Looking for any info on retractable awnings, brands, reviews, costs, etc.  Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12