This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Awning for Rpod 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gillbuyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning for Rpod 180
    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Thanks everyone for your info.  I apparently have an R-Dome.  Guess I'll try it out and see how we like it. I like the looks & functionality of the Thule.
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
R-domes are awesome, and only take someone 15 minutes to put up, once you get used to it. The hardest part is having something to stand on, which I used to use a cooler. It gives you a choice of using it as an awning, a screen room, or a rain room. I always kept it as a rain room, to give privacy. You can sit outside , in private. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:52am
Folks seem to either love the rdome or hate it.

Personally I hated mine, way too hard to put up and take down, which also makes it susceptible to wind damage if a sudden storm comes up. No flexibility on placement, poor bug screening are also significant drawbacks for me. I got a Clam shelter instead, much happier with that.

So try it once or twice and decide for yourself. The good news is you will find ready buyers for rdomes here on the forum if you’re not in a big hurry, were you to decide you don’t like yours.

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
7th Tenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 11:01pm
My 180 came with the wall mounts which I greatly prefer because of the much better support. While setup with the legs pinned to the ground, an unexpected rain shower formed a puddle that pulled the leg inwards and broke the flex arm support...expensive to fix. I wouldn't use the legs on the ground again without adding rope and stakes to hold the leg out. I would look into adding the wall support. It works great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12