Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod196 Opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod196 Opinions
    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 1:29pm
Love it! Need to add some lifts to the under bed storage lid and maybe some shelves to the bedside cabinets. I wish it had a cd/dvd player built in but I know that is so "old school".   
2021 Rpod 196
2013 Ford 150 V8
Bounder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:01pm
Adding a player is easy. I bought a DVD/CD player on Amazon that is powered through a USB connection - the one on the sound system control unit is able to supply the power, and that cleans up the number of cables.

The HDMI connection feeds through to the existing TV connection from the control unit, or can go directly to the TV if preferred. The one time I tried the CD player function, it played through as well. Light and easy to mount on the wall, affordably priced.

Bounder
2021 196 Hood River
Pete Brayton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:19am
Thanks, that's what I've been looking for!
2021 Rpod 196
2013 Ford 150 V8
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:52am
The under bed storage lift arms make that space so much more usable. Mine now lifts with one finger, infact, it almost wants to lift up by itself. The other thing you might want to do, is replace the adjustable side racks in the pantry. I tend to put a lot of weight in there (canned goods etc) and on my last trip of  season 1, it collapsed. It's made of cheap plastic. I replaced mine with some nice steel rails I got on amazon, with adjustable clips. After season 2, it's still perfect. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
What lift arms did you use. Looking for what weight level I need to lift cover and mattress. Putting a 10" memory foam mattress on in place of thin short queen.

Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:55pm
Are they still equipping the 2021s with a bathroom pocket door that has the small attachments to the rollers in the overlying rail?  Mine eventually pulled out of the door and then after I replaced the attachment plates with more robust ones the roller assembly disintegrated.  Going forward (after fixing this) I'm going to figure out how to support the door at it's base during transport.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:07pm
I used these (link below). I added a piece of 3/4 x 2 on each side of the storage box. Right next to the small 3/4 x 3/4 support they put in. The lift arm pushes straight down on the support I added. Then I attached a small block (maybe 4 inches square) to the door/under layment for bed. It works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KPR2DBC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 4:39pm
We are putting a full queen mattress in our R-pod 196 to replace the short queen. It will be tight getting around the side of the bed near the TV, but want the longer bed. Do you think we need to extend the platform under the bed to support the extra 5 inches of bed hanging off the end. Thinking of making a narrow box that taper down near the floor and using it for shoes or other items at the foot of the bed. Has anyone done this?

Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196
Bounder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:55pm
Last time I checked, the door has not been changed. The key to preserving it is to make sure, ABSOLUTELY SURE, that you use the retaining strap to keep the door restrained during travel. Ours has done fine - till the day it was left unclipped. That led to the door tearing the screws out from those hangers.

Fortunately, if this does happen, you can flip the door 180 degrees and re-attach the brackets to the new 'top' edge. I suspect that the factory, to make manufacturing and assembly easier, makes it so the door can be installed with either edge up.

I may re-inforce the set-up over time, but for now simply double-checking the restraining strap has prevented further issues.
Bounder
2021 196 Hood River
Bounder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Pete Brayton

Thanks, that's what I've been looking for!

The current version of the product is on Amazon at this link:

It looks like the new version may have a slightly higher power demand, since it's supplied with a 2 amp USB power supply adapter, but there are similar units on the market.
Bounder
2021 196 Hood River
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>