R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Winter Traveling Advice from Washington To Arizona
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWinter Traveling Advice from Washington To Arizona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Traveling Advice from Washington To Arizona
    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 7:55am
Buffalo, OG was right, it was only the political portion of the post that should be edited out, as I previously stated.  It should be removed as it violates the no politics policy.  

As for the remainder of your comments about California, we are each entitled to express our opinions about campgrounds, food prices, gas etc.  Everyone's perspective may be helpful for all board participants when traveling to different parts of the country.  

But the fact remains that the political opinion should be taken out in compliance with the no political discussion polity.

Again, thank you in advance for attending to this today.  You can use the edit function in "Post Options" at the upper right box for each post.

Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the edit.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:39am
+2
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:42pm
Don't believe I have posted this here yet... If I have.. well so be it. I will try not to offend the sensitive.

Traveling during (skip that), travel last year was a challenge to say the least. Entering into 2021 adds it's on challenges with the unspoken (can't say it) climate as of Jan 20th. We all have an inclination of what can happen and awaiting just how far it will be pushed. 

I'm heading off in a couple days. Have no idea how far we get and what will change as we travel. This is the site I am currently using to check restrictions, then follow up with local info of where I may pass through. http://gds.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2ec42826968d4d0980ccca0fbbfe0c7c

If you Google Covid restrictions by state you will find many sources. Pick one you trust and stay tuned to it as you journey. There are several 'tough 'states that may have to be avoided for possibly some time to come. Research into current restrictions is important. Stay informed!

I do hope 2021 is a better travel/camping year even with the new climate coming..

Safe travels! 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:37pm
Well, not to be “sensitive” here but my dad died from Covid back in November. He missed his vaccination by about 8 weeks.

I can assure you that this terrible disease is nothing to take lightly. The dying experience something called agonal breathing, and it’s worse than it sounds. And not being able to be with your loved ones due to isolation protocol is awful.

So with great vaccines at least for us older folks immanent, and new highly contagious strains showing up seemingly every day, now is not a great time to take any risks with this thing. We for two are hunkering down until we can get our shots, and looking forward to that light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Be safe everyone.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:22pm
OG, our condolences for your loss.  You are right.  Covid is nothing to be flippant about.  We have a number of family members who have fallen ill with it and it's no picnic even when you survive.  My wife's elderly mother is a constant worry, especially since those around her are some of the one's getting sick.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
poston View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:35pm
I agree, COVID is nothing to be flippant about.  My wife and I have both had COVID, but it was pretty mild.  We're both 60+.

But I'd also rather not have discussions on COVID itself in the Camping Adventures forum.  How about Non-pod Discussion Forums?

Could you all delete your COVID posts, or edit them down to Rpod content?

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 6:39am
lostagain, thank you. poston, I’m glad your cases were mild. Sadly, that is not the experience for my family and roughly 400,000 others.

Re your request to move or delete my post, I respectfully decline to do so. My post was not in any way political nor AFAIK did it violate any other forum restrictions. It was intended as a sincere expression of concern for the safety of folks in this community potentially increasing their exposure to Covid by undertaking long range camping adventures this winter/spring. So I think it is in an appropriate forum and topic.

Of course, we are all (presumably) adults here and can and will make our own risk assessments and choices.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by offgrid

...Re your request to move or delete my post, I respectfully decline to do so. My post was not in any way political nor AFAIK did it violate any other forum restrictions. It was intended as a sincere expression of concern for the safety of folks in this community potentially increasing their exposure to Covid by undertaking long range camping adventures this winter/spring. So I think it is in an appropriate forum and topic.

Of course, we are all (presumably) adults here and can and will make our own risk assessments and choices.

+1

So sorry about your dad.  These are tough times.

Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

...Entering into 2021 adds its [own] challenges with the unspoken (can't say it) climate as of Jan 20th....

I know...breaking out the champagne.  Can't say why, of course...
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 9:56am
offgrid, most sincere condolences for the loss of your dad and first best friend. I can think of no better place for a caution about anything that adversely affect Rpod travelers than this forum. This Covid threat is as real as a China bomb or light tongue weight when it comes to moving around in our trailers. And is valid especially when traveling in hot spot areas like WA and CA. As most of us have, I have friends who had CV-19 at all levels from 'mild' to fatal and its nothing to sneeze at. Leave it here.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>