Topic ClosedNew to Camping; New R Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TexasCruiser View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Camping; New R Pod
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:32pm
My wife and I bought our first camper last month, a 2018 R Pod 179. We had it winterized and have it stored about a mile from our home in North Texas. We are retired and excited about hitting the road with our new "toy." We'll be towing it with a 2018 GMC Terrain which came with a towing package. We towed it about 4 hours from Tulsa, OK where we bought it and had no issues with the tow.

Over Christmas our son and grand kids visited and I took them to the R Pod and showed off the features. The battery had juice and I was able to turn on lights and work the slide out. But this week I went back to the unit and the battery appears to be dead. The battery is new so this surprises me. I turned off the refrigerator but I don't know what else I was supposed to do to stop the battery from draining. Now I need to know if I need to hook it up and bring it to my house and if I can run an extension cord from the unit to the house and if that will charge the battery. Or do I need to buy a battery charger and let it run overnight to charge it? I'm a rookie and would appreciate some guidance on this matter. Thanks.
TexasCruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123