R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTires Again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cjommh View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tires Again!
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm
For what it's worth I was/am debating the same, driving a RAM 1500, towing R pod 192, with Westlake tires. It is the Hood River Edition, so the tires are St235/75r, so far have done close to 3k miles, including dirt roads, no issues. Installed TPMS and I make sure they are at the correct pressure before each trip. To make things more complicated the 235's are custom to FR and even if I wanted to, it is hard to find 235's. If I go with Goodyear endurance I would go to 225's and lose some clearance, which I don't want to. So for now I am not changing. Hope this helps. 
deanj View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Factory tires or change, that is the question. Taking delivery of a new 180 soooon! Read many posts on tires, China  Bombs ! others say O.K. Not new to towing, horse/cattle trailers (goose neck) and 5th wheel, utility trailers. Three and two axles, never a single axle. All my trailers were on Carlisle 10 ply tires. My feeling is never scrimp on tires or brakes. Do I change when I get the 180 or wait? Are 10 ply too stiff for a light trailer?
My other question is about WDH?Sway. I hope no one has ever had a blow out, but was the WDH a hinderance or help?
Will be towing with a 19/20 F150, V8 (Texas Edition) with factory tow package. E2 WDH
S y D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567