Topic ClosedCamper Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camper Prices
    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 12:52pm
 Is it my imagination or has the price of new and used campers gone up over the past year? 
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:24pm
Not imagination.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:19pm
Prices have gone up looking at average listings on RVTrader.com. I have been tracking For Sale numbers on RV Trader since last May, New and Used. There was a huge shortage in units through the summer and until just recently. In the past 6 weeks, the number of new units for sale has finally surpassed the number last May mid-crisis. RVIA is anticipating an 18+% sales increase in 2021, but I wouldn't count on it. One interesting thing is 2020 surpassed 2019 in new RV sales by 6%, but Class A, C, and pop-ups were all down vs prior year. Trailers and 5th wheels were only up slightly, and Class B camper vans were up a huge 70%. Those are very expensive, so it feels like a temporary sales bump to me. All said if sales don't materialize and production continues at a break-neck pace, dealers may be glutted again by late spring - and deals could be had.  
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:03am
+1. There are few industries as subject to boom bust cycles as RV’s are. They are a discretionary item, few people “need’” one. And with gas prices headed back up we might start to see more smaller RV’s again as well. Humans are prone to projection bias - expecting future tastes and trend to closely resemble current preferences. It rarely works that way.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:28pm
And the prices of new RVs are up so much and demand is so high that our modest little used r-pods are now worth more money on the used market. 

I'm thinking of selling mine for thousands more than I paid for it 2 years ago....

somebody STOP me!

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:45pm
We paid $37K off the lot for our current rig, we could apparently sell it for about $7K more then that now.

The weirdest part is, I was offered, while picking up some Mustang parts, by a dealer no less, in person, $3k more for my F250 then I paid for it, 4 years ago.. the world is slapdamcrazy.
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:37pm
Yeah my situation (financial and living circumstances) has changed in the last couple of years and I just can't get away as freely as I could back when I bought the r-pod. I did and have enjoyed it a lot...but most of the time it is just sitting there...decals fading in the sun. 

Now that I am retired and on SS payments, I look at that camper sitting there and it is now worth about what I get in Social Security payments in a year!

Its not gonna be fun to part with it...but that is a lot of money to me, and just letting it sit there....when someone else could be enjoying it.

I will be making that decision soon...I sure dont want to wait too long....
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:11am
When we purchased a 177 back in January 2011 it went out the door for $ 13,500 and that was without A/C, microwave/convection oven or entertainment system.  The buying habits of many today want all the creature comforts of home so the current set-up would not be likeable for most.  At least if we ever did decide to part with it all the electrical components are available for those items to simply plug in and go.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:19am
It is likely trailer sales are the same everywhere right now...crazy! Up where we are if it has wheels and a bed it is selling fast and at a premium price. If I was thinking about selling it is a good time to do it while demand is high and supply is low. All I see in the dealer lots are a few of their largest trailers. Small trailers can't be easily had. What ever choice you make, as hard as it may be, it has to be the right choice for you so good luck if you do decide to move your trailer along and into someone elses summer plans. It isn't often you can take advantage of a trailer sellers market.
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:54am
This too will pass. Once the pandemic is "over", and people more-or-less get back into their "normal" lives, there will be a glut of RVs on the market, and the bottom will drop out.

The premium you pay today will be the discount you reap in a couple of years.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>