R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcondensation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: condensation
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:24am
I had condensation on windows on both my RV and my Pod during cool nights.  I found a really good insulation product at Home Depot.  It is a roll of aluminized mylar bubble material (similar to the bubble material used in packing).  It is slightly stiff when unrolled.  I carefully cut the material to the same dimensions as the interior window framing.  I can simply unroll the cut sheet and pop it into the window frame.  Because of its mirror coating, the bubble material acts as an opaque night shade and because of the air containing bubbles, it is a very good insulator.
I have also used it during the summer, when it was very hot and sunny out.  I would install the
shade on the sunny side of the Pod...it made a lot of difference in keeping the sun from overheating the interior (the Pod curtains really only give privacy not insulation).
TIDALWAVE
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:29pm
Very similar to what pup owners use - radiant barrier in the windows between the tenting and screen.  Sometimes the bubble wrap variety, sometimes the flat type.  Very helpful keeping the heat out or in depending on the season.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12