R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedr-pod plus rhino tote tank?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-pod plus rhino tote tank?
    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:23am
Originally posted by offgrid

Yep, I certainly do agree, if I still had an rdome I’d probably prefer to stop taking showers and washing dishes, maybe even cease some basic bodily functions than take that thing up and down.

The Clam just stays wherever I put it. 👍

I prefer to follow the KISS principle, more time and fun camping and less time spent fooling with complicated “stuff”.

Guess we are "ultra" simple with the KISS principle.  Easily go 10 days boondocking w/o worry of filled gray or black tank.  Yes, we do carry a pair of 5 gallon water containers with us but also use the FW tank for drinking . . . have done so for 10 years w/o any problems.  The amazing thing was that we went 5 years without sanitizing our FW tank - hey, I didn't know about doing that!  We were at a ERU and Furpod was telling us about yearly sanitizing FW tanks when I told him I had never done that.  He set me straight on that so now once a year in April we do that.  Guess our bodies have some good microbes in them.Big smile
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Pod People View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:19am
We also use the water for consumption.  I sanitize it several times a year with bleach, followed by white vinegar and baking soda.  Takes about 30 minutes and all is clean.  Been doing this for over 10 years with no problems.
Generally, we will put 4-5 gallons in the tank from home when we start a trip.  this will get us where we are going and good for the first night if necessary.  We carry a full 5 gallon container in the truck for emergencies and also use it to refill the tank .  Once we get to the site, we will fill the tank from the local source.  30 gallons will last us for at least a week, usually longer. We try to be very conservative with water.  We usually catch most of the gray water in a 2 gallon tub that sits in the sink.  We put most of the gray water into the toilet as the black tank is usually the last to fill.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123