R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStorage tanks sensors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storage tanks sensors
    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by rawest50

Fresh is translucent but gray and black are not. Not sure if you understand my question. 

Is there another way to check the tanks?  That's already been answered: look down the toilet for the black and wait for the grey tank to back up in the shower.  Perhaps better, if you're using water out of the fresh water tank, when it gets empty and you need to fill it up, drain the black and grey tanks.  There is no way either one could be full, although the grey tank will be fairly close.

If you're on city water but don't have sewer hook ups, just learn about how long you can go without filling the grey tank.  I have a hard time making it a week.  Otherwise, watch the shower basin.  Tip: if the grey tank starts backing up into the shower, you can drain a few gallons and dump it down the toilet.  That will help flush the black tank as well as get the water out of the shower basin.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by rawest50

Fresh is translucent but gray and black are not. Not sure if you understand my question. 

Not sure who you are addressing this comment to but I understand perfectly. As I said it is a better to start with empty gray and black tanks and monitor how much water you are transferring to them from the known starting amount in the fwt. If you do that then you can't overfill them and more importantly you won't overload your trailer which would most probably happen if you wound up with 2 full tanks and certainly happen if you had 3 full tanks. That's 750 lbs of water! Rpods are not really designed to have more than one tank full of water onboard.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:21pm
Sometimes what I will do is wash our dishes in a basin in the sink, then dump the dish water into the toilet. As others have noted, much more of your water is used for washing than the amount that goes into the blackwater tank. It easy to use several gallons washing dishes, by adding that to the black water tank it better balances the load. The other plus is that as we drive towards home, the extra water in the black tank helps to liquify the solid waste  and typically makes it drain better to keep the black tank cleaner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12