Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShall I buy an Rpod?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shall I buy an Rpod?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 12:29pm
I have an early 2009 R-pod 171 that I got March 2009.  Would I buy another R-pod with what I know now.  SURE WOULD!!  Yes I have had to have it in for service BUT with all campers you will have work that needs to be done.  I have dragged my camper off road serveral times, been winter camping in it pulling it down ICY roads, and many other places I would not think about taking a bigger camper. 

I looked on the internet for pricing but bought mine from my local dealer who I have used before (this is the 3rd camper personally bought and many others I refered to them)  and got a very fair price within about $100 from the best price on the internet.  Things you need to think about going a distance to buy is cost of fuel driving 2 ways, meals, time it takes, lodging and other things.

I bought from

Route 272
Adamstown, PA 19501
Toll Free: 800-752-2988

And would again!
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:06pm
The dealer in Corpus Christi is Colonia Del Rey http://www.coloniadelreyrvsales.com/
Good Luck
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
Carol Sawka View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:58am
I am so impressed with all your advice.  Thanks!!!!!!!!
uphillracer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 1:36pm
We just got back from our 750 mile one way trek to Couch's RV. We did a one night stop over in a KY campground on the way  home. Mobile AL is a very small market and there was no getting an RPOD here. Everything about this buying experience was first class - especially the folks at Couch's and Brian who did our walk-through. The walk through alone was worth the trip. The price paid for the POD was great compared to so many sites I visited and the 1/2 dozen quotes I received.
There are a lot of intelligent and wise responses on this site. I can only speak from my personal experience. As a newbie the entire event exceeded my expectations. Living in the POD for one night was easy, convenient, comfortable and enjoyable.
Good luck. 
Uphill, Di, Tracer & Jorja
2011 171
2008 LR3
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Carol Sawka

After reading about the warrantee problems, I am wondering if I really want one???  Do things go wrong all of the time?  I will be driving by myself in a Ford Edge, front wheel drive.  The book says that with a Class 2 hitch, I can pull up to 3500 pounds.  Has anyone had success pulling a 175 with that small of an auto?  Couch's RV is SO much less expensive than our dealer in Conroe, TX.  Are they for real?

I'd say look at a different make of TT.  I can not recommend the R-Pod.  Every time you turn around, it's something different that's not right or broken, etc.  The build quality of these units are terrible in my opinion.  Just look at the amount of saw-dust, metal shavings, etc left in the unit.  Look at how the wiring is run.  Look at the fixtures and see how uneven they were installed.  A blind person could see that my blinds are all uneven.  Just now, I'm hearing a squeek in my AC fan.  By the way, this unit is a 2010 and has been used very little.  I'm having an issue right now with the AC not coming on.  Oh, did I tell you that I had to have all my windows replaced due to how they were originally installed?  Forest River has good products, however the R-Pod line is not one of them.  Stay away.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 2:41pm
  Mama and I bought our 171 at a dealer located just east of Kansas City, MO. and I would not go anywhere else. They were $4,500 under list price. The sales and walk through was 2nd to none. I would only by local just for the service.
  We have been in the POD for almost a month and will head for home on Monday, everything has worked just like it should with no problems. The air conditioner ran night and day for the first two weeks with temps above 100 all the time and no problems. The fit and finsh has impressed everyone out here, even those with the big busses. The only problem that we had with the POD was with the CO2 detector that was bad right from the factory.
  We have talked about trading in the 171 when we get back for a 177, Mama kind of likes that idea. Good Luck.       Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 1:23pm
I think some of the problems may be due to poor or lack of dealer prep.  We have had our 176 for a couple of months and had it out 5-6 times.  Our dealer, Colonia Del Rey in Corpus Christi, TX, did a great walk through.  We haven't had any problems of any sort with ours.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12