R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2017 171 RPod water leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 171 RPod water leak
    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:00pm
Pic shows what I believe to be an overflow since could feel inside of hose under cap.  Water "burped" out as long as city water on.  Also, overflowed into fresh water tank.

Light panel showed grey water half full even when gray and fresh tanks emptied.  

Tried sensor cleaner and lubricant which didn't work.  

Is somethin stuck in hose somewhere or is it a stuck valve???

Do I have to go to a RV service center to have it fixed???  
2017 RPod 171
2017 Kia Sorento SX
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:08pm
That is like the vacuum breaker/check valve for the black water tank flush on my 2016 RP179. I don't have one of those on the city water circuit. Either way, you can order a new one from Amazon and replace it yourself. You can see where it threads on.

What is likely happening is that the check valve in the water pump is not closing properly. The fix for that is to shut off the city water and then cycle the water pump several times to clear the obstruction. Most of the time that seems to work. I have not had it happen, but I've read about it often enough. If that does not fix it, then it may be that the pump needs to be disassembled and checked/cleaned or it might be a good time to replace the pump with a newer model.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
PodBarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Thanks for the reply.  Sounds like I need service for water pump perhaps.  I tried the "fix" suggested several times.  Something is obstructed, but just don't what.  Another learning experience... Thx!
2017 RPod 171
2017 Kia Sorento SX
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:30pm
Do try some more. You might want to fill the tank and just use it for a while to exercise the pump and check valves in it. Just so you know, there is also a check valve in the city water connection. If you take the cover off, you can see it. If you press it with the pump turned on, you will get a flow from there. It stops the water from being pumped out of the city water connection when you are using water from the tank with the pump.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
PodBarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:58pm
Hi, little confused, sorry. 

I don't use the fresh water tank at all.  The gray water tank overflowed into fresh water tank.  I emptied both, completely, several times.  The water pump worked everytime to evacuate water.  I even emptied any water left from the low point faucets.

Despite these attempts, the leak persisted when city water turned back on to fill gray tank.  

Cannot see a check valve for the city water connection you mention.  If you are familiar with my RV, could you tell me where this might be located??  Thx

2017 RPod 171
2017 Kia Sorento SX
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
It is impossible for the gray tank to overflow into the fresh water tank. Unless there is a serious misrouting of plumbing, there is absolutely no connection between the city water and the gray tank. There is a connection between the city water port and the fresh water tank since the water lines are shared that go from the city water port and from the fresh water tank to the pump. That is the only tank that can be filled when the city water is connected. Some people have had water come out the vent for the fresh water tank.

Look where you connect the hose. If you disconnect it, underneath a screened washer you will see a little piece sticking out of a piece shaped like a Mercedes symbol just inside the connection. That is the check valve. Press it, and you will feel it move. If there is pressure from the pump, you will have water come out of the city water connection. 

The gray tank is where shower and sink water drain. The black tank is where the wastes from the toilet go. There is no interconnection between them and the fresh water tank. Now, if you are using gray to describe the color, then the fresh water tank is translucent white which may be what you are describing as gray. The gray and black water tanks are both opaque black in color. 

Edit:  Revisiting your first post, if this valve is where you are getting water, then it is likely not the city water connection you have connected to but the black tank flush. It looks the same, but the city water connection is the one next to the fresh water tank fill port. If yours is like mine, the black tank flush port is the one on the door side of the RPod. The tank that is filling is your black water (waste) tank. You don't want to do that. It is for flushing out the black water tank when you dump it. If you leave the hose connected, your tank will fill and you will likely have a very unpleasant fountain coming out of the top vent on your RPod.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply