Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor Sale 40W Zamp panel in a case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale 40W Zamp panel in a case
    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 5:55pm
We no longer need our 40W Zamp Solar panel, so it is for sale for $150. We used it on our 2014 179, but we just upgraded to a 195 with rooftop solar. We loved our Zamp! It plugs in nicely to the R-Pod solar-ready port, and it kept our batteries topped up nicely. It sets up and packs up quickly. It comes in its own protective case. It is in very good condition. We bought it originally (in about 2017) for $300.  Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
thefuzzdaddy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:59pm
I was wondering if the solar panel is still available. We have a 2016 R-Pod 172 so I think it will work. Thanks!
Gualalapod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 12:19pm
We just bought at Zamp 140w.  I am wondering if you have any advice on using the solar?  Does the refrigerator take too much battery to run on the solar?  We have one battery that came with the rpod, do we need to add another?  We have a 2015 179 rpod.  Thanks for any advice.  
Gualalapod owner
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 1:51pm
You should ask this as a new question, you'll get more specific answers that way.

You will not be able to run your fridge on 12v from your solar module, it takes way too much energy. Run it on propane while camping. Use the 12v option while in the road and you have your tow vehicle alternator running, switch over to propane as soon as you stop.

If you're camping for more than a day or two without hookups then you should consider getting dual batteries. I suggest two 6v golf cart batteries (case size GC2) in series. This will give you the most storage capacity that will fit in the battery rack. They are also the best deal per dollar. Do not add a new battery to a 6 year old one, the old one is at it or near end of life anyway. But be careful, your tongue weight will go up about 80 lbs.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply