R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTire Air Compressor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Air Compressor
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:22am
Perhaps it might be more correct to say some of the 12vdc compressor gauges are inaccurate.  The one I mentioned above turned out to be quite accurate when compared to a good quality pressure gauge.  It is also surprisingly fast in delivering air, though I have to say I have only used it to top off the pressure so far.  Perhaps the speed of delivery depends on whether it's a single cylinder or a double along with the displacement of the cylinders.  In other words, you get what you pay for.

Unfortunately, gas station air has become an expensive and rare commodity these days and carrying a 120vac home air compressor is not very practical when traveling.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:26am
When I was looking for a higher pressure portable air compressor (for our 65 psi trailer tires) I found the Oasser P2S on Amazon.ca.

It is a 20 volt pump that looks like a cordless drill. I charged it and used it on all our trailer and truck tires as I did my seasonal tire swap on our truck.

You can adjust the output pressure so it shuts off automatically. Charges with a usb cord and it worked very well. The pressure was exactly what I set when I checked with my good quality tire guages.

The only tire I couldn't fill was my neighbours truck tire when I noticed it was very low...it is a beadlock-look rim that is recessed and has a short valve. Had to get out my real compressor and topped it up with that instead.

If I found a pump of the same design by Dewalt I would have rather got it but didn't see one at the time. Would have been nice to use the same battery packs but am very happy with this one.    
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:03pm
If some of the gauges are inaccurate and some are accurate then they might as well all be inaccurate. You still need a good quality gauge to be sure you know what you have. I certainly wouldn't trust ones at the gas station either.

The difference in tire pressure reading between 5000 feet and sea level is only 2.5 psi, and about the same difference you'd get with a 17F temp decrease.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12