R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod 180 Slide-Out Wall Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod 180 Slide-Out Wall Leak
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:23pm
Water is getting inside the wall of our 2018 RP180 slide-out. With the trailer stored, slide-out retracted, trailer jacked slightly high in the front, water is working its way down to the left side bottom track of the slide-out and dripping onto the floor. We find water on the floor just under the left front corner of the cabinet under the sink after a rain. It drips out where the aluminum slide-out track ends.

At first, I thought it was getting into the wall by leaking around the outside shower receptacle, so I caulked around that. No fix. Next, I thought it was the window leaking, so I used black electrical tape to temporarily seal the window frame to the outside wall across the top and down the sides. No fix.
I've opened and checked the top of the slide-out and it's dry, and all the caulked areas up top seem fine.

Any suggestions?

First photo is taken inside the cabinet under the sink in the slide-out. You can see water damage where it has wicked up into the panels. But there's no water along the cabinet bottom, it's below that apparently.

Second photo shows the left side bottom of the retracted slide-out. The yellow circle is where the water drips out.

Don
2018 RP180
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:09pm
I would grab a step ladder and check the rubber seals on top and sides.  Make sure the surface where the two meet are clean; no dirt, sap, twig, ect that would cause a leak to happen.   Once a year I clean both sides of the rubber seals and treat with a rubber conditioner so it doesn't get dry and cracked.

Also, though not too likely, look at the bottom of your slide (underneath) and check the sealing surfaces there as well. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:51pm
+1 to Jato. If you can't find the leak you can temporarily park the trailer with the non slide side raised a little. That should help get any water to drain outward on the slide side.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
DonRP180 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:46pm
I've opened the slide-out and checked the seals. The seals are in perfect condition and pliable, and there was no dirt or debris.. There was no water at all on the top or sides of the slide-out.

The water is getting inside the wall, not past one of the large seals.. I guess the refrigerator upper and lower vents are the next thing to check.
Don
2018 RP180
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:56pm
What is the condition of your 1" vinyl trim on the wall of your slide.  Look especially close to the 4 corners where they meet up, maybe cracked, too short or compromised in some fashion?  Also there is a tape of some sorts (don't know what kind it is) that overlaps on the outward side of the slide on top, has any of that been compromised or cracked somehow?

I can't imagine water coming in through either of the vents unless the water was coming in sideways at great velocity, the openings are only on the upper part of the vent, UNLESS they were inserted upside down, now that is a possibility!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply