R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR196 vs R190 sleeping space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R196 vs R190 sleeping space
    Posted: 25 May 2021 at 8:56am
We are about to order a Rpod 196. We are hesitating because the 190 dinette looks more roomy for another couple or our child compared to the couch fold out in the 196. Has anyone ever slept with 2 people on the 196 couch? Is this extremely uncomfortable?

I’m more interested in the 196 due to more space and upgrades (bathroom area, awning, pantry, walk around the queen bed); but I like the separate sleeping areas of the 190.

Thank you all!
Xegavas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:50am
We have a 196. My wife and I are smaller people (5'6 and 5'2) and we feel that the sofa would only be good for a single sleeper - or 2 small kids. If we have a guest we will be getting a foam mattress topper for it for sure. The gap between the back and the seat is pretty noticeable when laying on it.

That being said - we looked at 179 - 180 - 190. All the nice extras you get on the 195/196 far outweighed the more limited sleeping arrangements - for us anyway.

Just our 2 cents...
chasl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:46am
I agree that the sofa/sleeper is probably not great for 2 adults. I haven't tried sleeping on it, but our adult daughter slept on it the sofa opened up, and it was roomy and comfortable for her. The R-Pods with bunks would probably be more comfortable for 2 additional adults to sleep. Perhaps the dinette would be more comfortable, not sure about 2 adults though.
cl
 Post Reply Post Reply