Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turning the r-pod into a r-pumpkin
    Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 12:19pm
I like it...pics please!  It ought to be fun for the kids.  Many of our State Parks have Halloween events also (I've heard they pack the house).  I haven't done one...I'm afraid I'd go bankrupt buying candy! Smile
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:25am
We'll be spending Halloween weekend at one of our favorite campgrounds in Codorus State Park (http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/codorus.aspx).  Friday and Saturday night they have a big bash 6-10 pm.  Half of the campground is turned into Halloween Central with activities and trick-or-treating from campsite to campsite ($10 per car entry).  Last year we were there for the weekend but weren't "in the action".  We were impressed with it so this year we decided to participate and I just finished ordering some stuff.  Two CASES of candy for starters.  There will be hundreds of kids each night so I don't expect to go home with much.

I also got to thinking about the 'pod.  With the curve on the front I had an idea.  I just ordered a huge orange tarp (20' X 30') which I'm going to wrap around the 'pod from front to back.  On the front I'm going to add black tape to make it look like a carved pumpkin.  Should look cool.  At least it does in my head! 

I made sure to get a tarp big enough that we can use it for cover the rest of the year, but not so big that it completely covers the sides of the 'pod so we can get inside while its a pumpkin.  When we know its going to rain on a trip we'll set up both of our 10 X 10 EZ-ups, but over the years holes have worn in the fabric.  This tarp will serve double-duty to waterproof the tops of the EZ-ups with some extra left over to either create an awning or hang down to protect from wind-blown rain.

I'll make sure I post some pics of the r-pumpkin.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12