R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2017 179 ac condensation leak inside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 179 ac condensation leak inside
    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:39am
Hello all,  Ive had this 179 since 2016 and very few probs. Last night I was in side with ac on and water was dripping from center of ac. Any ideas on a fix before i open it all up?  thank you 

edit: done more searching on the topic, found some plans of action. *off to test*
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:03am
Use the advanced search so you can search posts older than 6 months. It may give you some ideas as to what to look for. Two things to consider are to make sure nothing is blocking condensate water from draining. Second is that if the bolts holding the unit to the roof have loosened, then water may be getting through the seal there.

Both issues may require that you remove the cover up top and/or remove the shroud inside. The outside cover is easy. The inside one is trickier. There are multiple screws holding it to the ceiling and some of them are very hard to spot.

One other thing that may have happened is that the unit may have accumulated ice. If so, when it melts, it might be too much water to drain properly, causing the drip. Those are all the things I can think of based on posts I recall reading.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Mafghine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:40am
ok got the top and bottom off. I turned the long bolts,  I found 3, just a full turn. The holes up top are not blocked. Last night was extreme humidity altho it is/was under a shelter. It is still humid like 90% this morning and I am now letting it run to see if i can find the entrance.  It has never done this before. I've owned it since 2016 in Florida heat and humidity.  Thank you for the replies.
yachtboy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:36pm
All air conditioners have a condensate drain. Often they get clogged, usually with some algal growth or other nastiness. Here are 2 videos on how to fix it. The first one is the easy way. If that doesn't work, the second one shows you how to take it apart and do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatLC33Gcp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK7TYq2TbGs
Mafghine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:24am
TY!

Post Reply Post Reply