R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DC outlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lostagain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC outlets
    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:17am
I've put in two; one in our 172 and one in our Sonoma.  Each time I was able to route  a short run of wire from the distribution panel's 12v side to the destination with the wires concealed behind the wall.  I used 14 gau. stranded wire.  I connected the wire to a little used circuit with a 15 amp fuse.  Here's what I installed:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5MZ111/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
ronahue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ronahue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:44am
Remove the inside wall of the upper cabinet by the entrance door you can place a DC/USB outlet there and tap into the power at the one of other switches. That's what I did. 

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
Rodg Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rodg Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:52am
I have a 2017 179. It does not have any DC outlets. Can anyone recommend a good spot for placement. Where did you tap into the wires, and how did you access those wires. The easiest spot I am considering is behind the TV which can be accessed by taking out the stereo. Thank you for your suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123