R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSummer Storage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Storage
    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 9:57pm
I am a new R Pod owner and have a few questions on the process of storing a camper for a few weeks in the summer.  Do you need to remove the hot water heater rod or is it Ok?  How about the battery should I disconnect and store inside or is it ok even if it gets to the 90?  Any other things I should do when I store it for a few weeks in the summer?  Thanks so much
Be well and if possible help others.
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:11am
For a couple weeks the battery will be ok just to disconnect. If its more than 3-4 weeks and you don't have shore power then you should arrange to charge it once while in storage. That could be removal for charging at home or a small solar module and charge controller if there is sun available where you're storing.

You don't need to drain the water heater or remove the anode. Be sure the slide is in and everything electrical in the trailer is shut off and the propane is shut off at the cylinder. That's about it.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 7:19am
+1 

We do drain our FW tank if we aren't going to use it for a couple weeks.  We use it for drinking and like to keep it fresh, water supply is well water.

I know some who store their pods under trees to keep the sun off, however the trade off is the sap buildup which can take some hours to remove, especially off the roof.  Good idea to give it a good wax job (we use MeGuiars Ultimate) to keep the appearance shiny and prevent oxidation.  If you can't store in a building, I would recommend a cover, especially if you are parking/storing it under a tree.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply