R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2021 Rpod 171 AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Rpod 171 AC
    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 11:10pm
Anyone has idea where is the AC switch? 2021 rpod 171. The airxcel thermostat blank. Dealer service told me need switch AC to 12V and switcher is inside. Could find it anywhere in trailer.

38 degree tomorrow.....please help...
Y. Chen
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 1:07am
Sorry, no
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 6:58am
There is some confusion here. The ac does not run on 12v. You must be connected to shore power or to a generator for it to operate. Also check the circuit breakers to be sure the ac is getting power.

The dealer was probably talking about the furnace which does run on 12v (and propane).
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:07am
Good morning. So, let's try to figure this out and start with the basics. Your air-conditioning isn't coming on and your thermostat is blank. I don't know your system but will try to help to get you started. I hope others can chime in where more detailed knowledge is required.

First, we need to make sure you are plugged into shore power, like at a campground? Or are you plugged into a normal house electrical socket? Either way, you need to make sure you have 110 volts to your trailer. Are your other electrical appliances energized/working? Your AC can't run off of the 12 volt deep battery that should have been installed in your trailer.

So if you do have confirmed you have good electrical power to your trailer, the next step I would say is to check all your breakers, if you know where your breaker panel is. Find your air con breaker and switch it fully off and then back on to make sure it is set properly. Might as well check your other breaker switches while you are there, as well as any fuses to make sure everything is good.

Check your thermostat and hopefully it is only a circuit breaker issue! If it works, let us know, if it isn't then come back and hopefully someone with a similar system/thermostat can assist. I have never had a trailer with air conditioning (but it won't be long till our trailer arrives) so am not conversant in troubleshooting it in detail.

Good luck, I have been reading about how hot it is getting out there right now!

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:26am
Language barrier...good luck.

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:53am
As someone who has learned a 2nd foreign language to assist in our living abroad for several years, it isn't a problem that can't be overcome. It does take a little effort but if I can help someone I am willing to make the effort.

Have a nice day,

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 9:03am
So, I Googled your thermostat and here is a link to the Forest River video on its operation. The gentleman in the video said you need to press any button on the thermostat itself to "wake it up". So, give that a try! It might be good, only needs you to set it to cool...if it works, set the fan on high to reduce icing up issues with the air-conditioning.

Here is the link to the video, or just search Google like I did.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4EYt-BMy1f0&ved=2ahUKEwjP15yGubXxAhVDZc0KHVooBBYQwqsBegQIBxAE&usg=AOvVaw0K2h1L95YXXaCGYPArNXTl

Andy

Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
jcat_chen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:01am
Hi, all,
Thank you all so so much. I am in a camping ground with 30apm. Everything works fine inside. I tried break just now but still no luck. Fuse is internal lights/AC. Lights work fine.

Very very appreciate all your help....
Y. Chen
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:08am
Have you tried to wake up your thermostat by touching any of its button yet? Check the video, it is helpful.

Andy

I just edited this post, as I originally stated to touch the screen, and that is incorrect for this thermostat...touch one of its buttons...
Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:44am
While I wait to hear back about if the thermostat works when a button is pushed to wake it up I have been doing a bit more research. The next logical step (for me it is, anyways...:-), is to see if you can access the back of the thermostat to verify that the wires are securely inserted into it.

If you have the manual for the thermostat, which the dealer should have provided to you, that would be of assistance as it should tell you what colour of wire goes into what connection point in the rear of the thermostat.

If you can access the wires, refer to the manual to see if they are inserted correctly, and then wiggle them GENTLY one at a time to check for a secure connection.

It is possible that your thermostat is unserviceable, but before replacing you need to check to see if this one is working or not.

I have been thinking about what you said about 12 volt...your thermostat might be 12 volt operated, so checking your fuses to ensure all are serviceable is important. If there is no 12 volt power getting the thermostat, it of course won't operate.

It sounds like your trailer is new, so this might still be under warranty. This doesn't help with the current heat situation there in BC, but something to keep in mind if you can't get the AC working.

Another question, has the AC (or the furnace as well, as it uses the same thermostat) ever worked or been used since you bought it? Have you ever used the thermostat or is this the first time trying to use it? I ask this to help with the trouble shooting process.

Andy

Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>