R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Slide out controller failing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jaybeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide out controller failing?
    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 1:12pm
Hello 

When trying to leave a campsite our slide out controller would not work.  There were no trouble lights showing on the controller, nothing.  We eventually got it to work and got home and the unit is now working with only the red and green lights flashing during movement.  I have included all the steps that we went through and the conditions in detail below.  

Is the unit failing or about to fail?, should I replace the controller or what should I do?  

Conditions -
Temperature in 60-mid 70's F, some humidity but not too much.  No rain.
Trailer parked for 6 days and on campsite electrical power
Lippert slide controller part number 13398-D0 on 2017 R Pod 179 trailer. 

Description of steps
1.  Tried to retract slide out.  No movement, no sound, no lights on controller
2.  Checked voltage on J7 and J8, They had voltage there ~ 13 volt
3.  Tried manual override process.  No lights came on.  Tried again to retract slide out, no slide out movement, no lights on controller
4.  Checked for loose wires - none found
5.  Pulled J3 and J2 connectors and tried to push in manually.  Slide in would not move.  We were guessing that this would release the brake, so we did not push too hard (we did not have any manuals).  Plugged J3 and J2 back in and tried powered retraction, no lights on controller and nothing moved.
6.  Noticed that the unit was warm to the touch, which made no sense since it had not been doing anything.  Decided to disconnect power at J7 and let it cool down.
7.  Waited about 2-3 minutes (was not watching time) and reconnected J7.
8.  Pressed slide out retract button and the slide out came in.  Could not see if lights were on or off, was concentrating on getting the slide out retracted.
9.  Drove home and plugged back into power at home

At home, two days later, the temperature was in 70-90F range
1.  Pushed the extend button for the slideout and it worked fine.
2.  left the slideout extended for an hour and retracted the slideout, Looked like both the green and red lights were flashing during movement 
3.  Extending the slide out back out, looked like both red and green lights were flashing.
4.  two hours later, repeated retract and extend, everything worked.  looked like both lights were flashing during movement. 

Thank you very much for your help on this.  

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:44pm
You may want to look at this link on Schwintek trouble shooting tips on youtube it may help.
Jay

179/2019
jaybeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaybeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 6:36pm
Thank you - I will check it out.
richardb09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote richardb09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:54pm
We had a problem with the same symptoms, no faults on the controller and the slide would not extend fully.  I followed the Lippert lubrication instructions and the slide now works fine.

Watch video - Rpod slide would not extend - lubricated slide per video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvIr

Post Reply Post Reply