R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTongue Jack Discovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tongue Jack Discovery
    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
My tongue jack started to sound like it was dying. I took the cover off and discovered two of the screw holes that hold the cover go all the through to the gears. I sprayed some WD40 into the holes and the tongue jack ran like it was brand new.

Several weeks later, the tongue jack was barely working, unless it was hooked up to my truck. I thought my trailer battery must be going bad. I tested the battery and it was fine. Now i'm thinking there must be damaged to the wire to the tongue jack from the battery. I traced the wires and the negative wire which was attached to the trailer frame had totally disconnected. I have no idea how it was running at all without the negative wire connected. Must of had some grounding from the mounting. I reconnected the negative wire to the frame and it running fine again. 

The crazy things you run into with trailers Smile

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Hello and welcome!  I don't know how long you have had your RPod, but it sounds like you are good at figuring things out when they go wrong. That is a great thing. I don't have a factory jack, but one thing I do remember reading is that you do need to make sure the ground is good. Like you guessed, grounding through the jack's mounting screws is one way. That is the way mine is grounded. I don't have a separate wire for that. I just have the power wire.

Anyway, I hope you have lots of fun with your RPod and make many great memories with it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply