R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Black tank flush leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black tank flush leak
    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:11am
I have a leak on the inside of my 2012  177 pod.  It seems to be from my black tank flush. I was wondering how to go about finding where to look for it... I'm thinking it might be either under the bathroom floor ( the vent area)  or there is a panel I can take off on the bathroom wall on the bed side of the bathroom.  Anyone have experience on what I might find once I locate where the black tank flush is on the inside of the pod?  Thanks in advance.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
jimandclare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jimandclare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:42am
Similar problem after flushing out the black tank at the dump station.  Water was running all over the floor from the bathroom and onto the ground.  The problem was the vacuum breaker-check valve. I had to remove the bathroom sink to get to the valve.  After removing it in our 178, I found that 3 stinkbugs had decided to take up residence in the valve which didn't allow the valve to completely seal when flushing out the black tank.  Cleaned them out and used window screening around the valve to keep any more critters out.
Jim & Clare
2016 R-pod 178
2014 Ford Edge
LB Boozer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LB Boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:49pm
I was having a similar issue and discovered that black tank flush was leaking inside the wall due to a cracked in the fitting that connects to the hose.  I believe that there was likely a little water in there that froze when the previous owner had it as the toilet valve was also cracked.
 Post Reply Post Reply