R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Interior Puck led lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Puck led lights
    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 2:37pm
Anyone know who makes the lights for the rPod's?  There are lot of them available on Amazon but I would like to get an exact replacement.  If I go thru FR it may take a while as there ordering is back logged.  It looks like this light got some water in it which may be a real bad indication of another issue?  I am real dissappointed in rPod's this may be the last straw
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:33pm
I used these and they were identical. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075KNHTQ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Water in anything is a bad sign - 
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 5:56pm
Mine have the push button in the center so don't think those are the ones.  Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:13pm
Click on the different picture of the lights, some of them have switches and some don't. And there are two different sizes. I ordered the ones that were the right size with switches  and they are identical.

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:05am
Thanks didn't see the different versions when I first looked.  I looks like they are the 3.5 inch ones but I will need to measure.....out camping with no tape measure.  Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:40am
I went out and measured mine - they are 4"
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:27pm
I replaced the lens on one of my puck lights with the lens from this:

The current image on Amazon's website doesn't show the switch, but the ones I got had the center button.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:31pm
I got a chance to start the repair for this.  What I found is the skylight in the bathroom was the culprit. The exterior clear bubble had several cracks at screw points and one portion lost its seal as well.  I have started the order process for a new bubble but have done a temporary fix in case I don't get the parts soon enough.  I used gorilla tape equivalent to eternabond (looks just like eternabond to me) because I need to get it repaired before the rain that is on it's way here.  I scraped off all the old leveling sealer and taped it up high enough to cover the cracks. Not a permanent fix but should hold for a while.  I pulled the light assembly and will replace when the new one comes in.  Sigh it is always something.....good thing I really like camping.Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 2:45pm
These lights worked:

I had the 3.5 inch ones.  They aren't exactly like to old ones but close enough.  So I have the light repaired and the skylight is temporarily fixed until I can get a replacement.  I want to see what FR charges for it as there are lots of replacements available with the exact dimensions. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by pedwards2932

These lights worked:

I had the 3.5 inch ones.  They aren't exactly like to old ones but close enough.  So I have the light repaired and the skylight is temporarily fixed until I can get a replacement.  I want to see what FR charges for it as there are lots of replacements available with the exact dimensions. 

Take a look at FanTastic fans, not the cheapest but far superior to low-grade RV fans. They move alot of air, are quiet, and reversible with 3 speeds.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>