This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pet screening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet screening
    Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:42am
Has anyone replaced the screen material in their window screens with pet screening such as this?

I'm thinking ahead to when (not if) one or more of my screens get torn up by my cats attempting to claw through them. Are the rubber beads on the R-Pod screens pretty standard, i.e. will a generic screen replacement kit work with them?
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
john in idaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote john in idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:44am
I have re-inserted the screen in a window that one of the dogs pushed out.  The answer to your question is yes, but......   The screens were placed before the window was attached to the trailer body.  So clearance and maneuvering room will be a problem.  A blunt pointed bamboo shish kabob stick and a popsicle stick helped a lot.
leon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:28pm
No, but me and my wife think to have a pet and we were looking for the decision how to prevent these situations
 Post Reply Post Reply