R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cracks in r-pod 178 shell - Event Date: 10 Oct 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lilly Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Cracks in r-pod 178 shell
    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm
I have a 2015 r-pod 178, purchased from original owner in 2017. When washing and polishing it yesterday, I noticed cracks forming in the shell. They are just below the rear spoiler on the right side, above the r-pod decal. I am about to cover it for the winter (live in MT), how do I repair those cracks so they do not expand over the winter? The r-pod is covered with a Classic Accessories deluxe cover for the winter, but not under any carport or protective structure, so it will accumulate some snow. I brush off as much as I can through the season. I don’t want the cracks to get bigger or have the roof fail. Any help would be appreciated. Please refer me to a previous topic thread if that exists. Thanks! 
The mountains are calling, and I must go.
2015 R-Pod 178 (bought from original owner in 2017)
1998 Ford Expedition (the Beast)
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 1:11pm
If you could post pictures, we could offer advice. You may have a real problem, or you might just have some gel coat crazing.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Lilly Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lilly Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:08pm
I'd love to post a photo -- I got it into the File Manager, how do I paste it into a message? Any help appreciated -- I'm new to this! 
The mountains are calling, and I must go.
2015 R-Pod 178 (bought from original owner in 2017)
1998 Ford Expedition (the Beast)
lostagain View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:15pm
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Lilly Pod

I'd love to post a photo -- I got it into the File Manager, how do I paste it into a message? Any help appreciated -- I'm new to this! 

2 step process, use the little tree icon with the up arrow at the top to upload the photo, then the tree icon without the up arrow to post the photo. Keep the file size reasonable.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply