R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

brake job help in central NC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brake job help in central NC
    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
One of my friends lost a wheel bearing this afternoon.  apparently it got hot enough to also melt brake wiring.
He got a mobile mechanic to get him back on the road and he got home ok.

It looks bad enough that he wants someone to service his brakes  and make sure everything is ok. Does anyone have recommendations for electric brake service(and probably whell bearings) in central North Carolina.  He is in Pittsboro.
thanks for any help
Travel Safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:35am
I don't know anyone but really any brake shop that does trailers should be able to do the work just fine. I suggest telling them to replace everything if the concern is that they might miss something. It's cheap enough for the parts that I'd just put new hub assemblies and brake plate assemblies on both sides and be done with it. Not sure what brakes he has but for example the Lippert 10 inch hub assemblies are $80 on Amazon and the brake assemblies are $45, so the whole thing would be about $250 in parts. If they're swapping assemblies the labor should also be less than if they are doing individual component replacement.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply