Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Better RPOD 202 tray tables? - Event Date: 18 Oct 2021 - 31 Dec 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
iceberger View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote iceberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Better RPOD 202 tray tables?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 9:51am
Another RPOD 202 question.  Want to add another tv in bedroom on space designated for extra  tv.  What wall mount do I use?  I am afraid of drilling through wall into the shower.  On the other hand, the mount for the living space tv which came with the trailer was a joke - tv fell off wall on first trip and dealer had to remove inside of cabinet and put 2X4 inside wall in order to mount a better wall mount.
Texas RPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:02pm
Found out the same on 202's.  there is a dog dish holder (net) which is a false panel that is unscrewed.  Heater bypass is behind it.
Texas RPOD
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ricktoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:51pm
Texas RPod - the water heater bypass in my 196 is under the fridge behind a small panel just above the vacuum.  You should locate the water heater on the outside of the trailer and then look on the inside of that section for a panel to allow access. There are generally two valves that need to be turned to bypass the water heater. One on the inlet and one on the outlet.
This is what mine looks like. Your should look similar.

Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:44pm
I think the drain on the bottom side of the trailer and under the water heater is the "low point" drain for the trailer (i.e., open this and all the water in the trailer - other than the potable water tank you use for boondocking - drains out).  There is another drain that empties out the potable water tank.  

I still have to believe there is a hot water heater bypass valve somewhere.  
Texas RPOD
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:27pm
I have my eye on one similar for my 196 but with a wider spacing on the legs.

Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Ricktoon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ricktoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Looking at these tray tables as an option. Not sure if anyone has bought these yet. They can slip under front of couch and fold up for storage behind couch. Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRGZMHQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1TJXVIS5UBA1L&th=1

Rick and Ellen B
2019 Chevy Colorado
2021 Rpod 196

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
The reason I want to know about the location of the water heater bypass is because when you winterize the trailer you will need to drain hot water tank and then if you are going to put in RV antifreeze you will need to have the water line (where you put the antifreeze) bypass the water heater or else you apparently will need many gallons of antifreeze.  You have no need to fill up the 6 gallon hot water heater tank so the idea is to bypass the heater.  I've never done this but I watched a video (John Marucci I think) who showed how to winterize his RPOD 179.  I assume the RPOD 202 would follow the same routine - not certain. The 202's water pump may have a bypass to the water heater but I don't know.  Don't think so.  The 202's pump is in the outside storage area and is easily accessible by removing a few screws from the wall barrier.
Texas RPOD
BlindMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlindMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:50pm
not sure about the bypass, But there is a drain under the trailer where the water heater is.

BlindMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlindMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:49pm
We got this foldup table at walmart, it fits behind the couch when not in use. Work's well.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:42pm
Another question in addition to tray tables query I posted.  Where is the water heater bypass valves on a RPOD 202?  Saw a video that suggested it was under the refrigerator (i.e., inside cabinet beneath the refrigerator).  Is that correct?
Texas RPOD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>