R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Roof Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BradyRPod179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Leak
    Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:58pm
The sealant around the radio/TV antenna on our 2018 179 cracked and let water seep  in.  The water worked it's way down the pantry press board.  After a week with heat, its dried out, but the wood has swelled.

Check the sealant on the roof.  The white sealant Forest River used cracked.

I hope this helps someone avoid our mess.

Duncan
rPod179
SMK View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SMK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
I was washing our R-Pod 189 down for winter storage last month and I also noticed the sealant was cracked around the radio antenna.  When I pressed on the sealant there was water oozing out.  I am not sure if it seeped all the way through but I cleaned off the old sealant, dried the area out with a hair drier and put new Dicor self leveling down.  It is an area I will watch closely in the future.  There seems to be a bit of play on the antenna unit is you give it a gentle shake so I am wondering if this contributes to the sealant cracking in this area.  Has anyone tried using Eternabond tape around the antenna unit?

SMK
2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
BMW Z3 (never used for towing)
 Post Reply Post Reply