R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ceiling panels delaminating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TomandBetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ceiling panels delaminating
    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:13pm
Hi all,
My husband and I purchased our new 180 R-Pod 2 years ago.  Made a fall trip to Tennessee and then the pandemic hit. We parked the camper till this past summer when we took it north.  We started noticing some 'wrinkles' in the ceiling panels at the seams where the strips are.  This past summer I noticed a rather large section above the door (almost a square foot) of the vinyl that had delaminated.  I believe it was mostly due to high heat as it was parked in the sun while up north.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I know it is only cosmetic but is there a way to fix this issue?  
We really like our R-pod.  We weren't looking for a large 'live in' camper as we spend most of our time outdoors.  The R-Pod was a perfect size for us and we really liked the lighter weight and ease of towing.  On days when the weather wasn't so nice we were comfortable inside.   I must admit tho, the first time we turned on the heat in the camper we decided it was just too noisy and HOT to have it on as it is right under the bed!  Another camper before we even left for that trip had mentioned that they used a small ceramic heater in their camper.  We purchased one and are much happier with that.
We are really happy to be members of the R-pod family!

Tom and Betty
Tom and Betty
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:43am
Welcome to the forum and the Rpod world. We're on our second Rpod and like the size/convenience for us. There are trade-offs between RV's and believe we are fortunate to have them. The ceramic heater is a good idea from the start. Whether propane issues, heater or fan issues with the installed furnace or just for peace and quiet, they help. Thankfully we've not been faced with the delamination problem. Trim strips falling off and window shade screws pulling out are another challenge, however. Be safe & have fun!
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
 Post Reply Post Reply