R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Small T shaped metal switch on shower controls - Event Date: 16 Nov 2021 - 16 Jun 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Small T shaped metal switch on shower controls
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:57am
We have a RPOD 202.  On the shower controls (not the shower head but between the hot and cold controls) there is a small "T" shaped metal switch.  What does it control?  I think it diverts water to the outside spray but until I know exactly what it does I do not want to move it up or down again.   When we first bought the trailer the check valve going out to - I think - the outside spray unit collapsed and started letting water into trailer from behind the pantry and entertainment unit.  We shut the water off immediately and found a repair person who simply capped it off and later the dealer who sold us the trailer replaced the check valve and repaired the water damage. If it is something else I'd like to know. 
Texas RPOD
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
That's the ShowerMiser control. When bringing hot water to the shower, the cold water being displaced will go into your fresh tank instead of your gray tank. The blue tube will turn white when hot water goes through it, letting you know you can switch it off (and the shower on). It's of little use if you have sewer connections, but can save you having to dump your gray tank or fill your fresh tank as often if you're boondocking.

Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Texas RPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 8:30am
Thanks but I don't think that is what I have.  First, there is no "blue tube" in the shower.  The small gray lever is maybe an inch long and came standard from the factory.  However.....

However - you may be on to something.  I once hooked up to city water and later someone knocked on my door and pointed out I was profusely leaking water from the bottom of my trailer.  It seems water was being diverted to my fresh water potable water tank. Further, the leaking water was HOT.  I shut off the city water to the trailer and drained the fresh water tank.  I wish I remembered- but I do not - if I then flipped the lever in the shower.  However, I have never had the problem again. So I guess was diverting water to the water heater - for some reason?? - which eventually was then routed to the fresh water tank. 

ideas?  
Texas RPOD
 Post Reply Post Reply