R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RP177 Electrical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RP177 Electrical
    Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:09am
Hello all,

I was at an Oregon state park with my 2016 RP177 over the weekend and plugged in the 30 amp as usual. After going inside to check the connection I realized the outlets in the pod were not working so I unplugged the surge protector and went straight in. Still the issue persisted. I checked the breakers and none were tripped. I checked a couple of the fuses and they seemed fine (I've not yet checked all fuses yet).

The outlets were not functional but the lights were working fine and so was the microwave. The Dometic fridge would not work on the electrical service option so I switched it to propane. 

Any thoughts on how to begin troubleshooting further?

Thanks! 
2016 rPod 177
2015 Ford F150 4X4 Crew cab
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm
Did you check the GFCI to see if it had been tripped? It consists of a couple of buttons on one of the outlets. One of those buttons resets the GFCI.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
d_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:37pm
I will check those, but it wouldn't explain why the fridge will not function on the electrical service option. Thanks.
2016 rPod 177
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 3:37pm
I have a 2019 179 and behind the fridge where it plugs into the 120 volt system, that outlet is also a GFCI outlet and all of the GFCI outlets in the trailer maybe tripped.  Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:37pm
a friend of mine had a similar problem. some of the newer Rpods have a built in inverter.  All of the outlets are wired through the inverter.  check the inverter for a reset switch. This cured his problem
Good luck
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
d_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm
Thanks for the above guys. I'm on it and will report back!

2016 rPod 177
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:07pm
On my 177 the GFI (the outlet where the fridge plugs in) controls all other outlets.  If the GFI is tripped none of the other outlets are functional until the GFI is reset.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
d_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:16pm
Hi Jato, okay thanks. Does the fridge have to come out to access the plug in?
2016 rPod 177
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:48pm
No on the outside wall behind the fridge you will find two black access panels, one above the other.  If  you remove the lower one you should be able to find the electric plug in GFCI outlet.  To remove the panel in the lower 2 corners you will find a large plastic screw heads you can turn it with a screw driver or a penny a 1/4 turn in either direction which will loosen it for removal.  If it seem stubborn and doesn't want to come out just pull and shake the corners a bit and they will release. Hope this will help.  
Jay

179/2019
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:33am
I have also seen on newer 177's the GFI can also be located beside the bench seat that is closest to the refrigerator.  Look there first.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply